• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can't get a model to work >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Okay so Arch Angel - Elenai. by General Frank
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=50740

I've read through some of the threads.. and im still not finding an answer. Unless there's one in particular someone can point me to.

I did everything i read (almost) and its still not working, i imported the
Archangel_IncarnationofRedemption.mdx and the
Archangel_IncarnationofRedemption_Portrait.mdx
Problem is i cant find where to put the portrait (??) there isnt a field in the unit editor, there is one in the trees/d... but thats dosent help me now does it?

So when i use the Archangel_IncarnationofRedemption.mdx on unit with this the world editor tell me it cant find the .mdl file and it shows up as a green and black checkered cube.

I should state, the only models ive gotten to work are the ones with only the model.mdx file like the AncientWarrior.mdx (actually the only one that works >.<) and its really starting to get frustrating... I've been at it since 10am yesterday and its 6pm.

Can someone help me?
Btw im using it in a map im creating... if that has something to do with it.

And i thought modding WoW was difficult enough lol.
Anyway thanks for any help... it would be very much appreciated.

Level 32
There's no need to set a custom path in WE's Object Editor for the model (or its portrait).

Simply import the files into your map:

war3mapImported\Archangel_IncarnationofRedemption.mdx
war3mapImported\Archangel_IncarnationofRedemption_Portrait.mdx

Then, for the unit you wish to appy the model to, set ONLY the object editor field:

Art - Model File

• [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]
    peonforum.gif
    Very first post ppaine? !ntroduce yourself to The Hive![/self]

~ Thread moved to World Editor Help Zone.

Level 1
Omg I Am A Noob

>.< *smashes head into desk while chanting "im not a noob, im not a NOOB, IM NOT A NOOB"... sigh* the one thing i didnt do was to test it completely in-game... GD it works... Many thanks!

I read if the model didnt show up just restart the map and it'll show in the editor.... thats what i was doing wrong *aaa:razz:hhh*

Hey thanks :infl_thumbs_up:... i'll post that intro in a few

____
L.O.A

Status
Not open for further replies.