• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can't find my protected map in the ingame map list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have tried three different protectors from this site. (Wc3MapOptimizer, Map Protector and ExtProtect.) And I get the same result from all three. The map doesn't show up in the ingame map browser.

Most people say that Wc3MapOptimizer is the best. So I used it, and this is what I did:

1. I saved my map that I'm working on in Jass NewGen Editor to my Desktop.

2. I started up Wc3MapOptimizer and pressed "Check All" so it looked like this:

3. I clicked "Save Optimized As..." and saved it to C:/Games/Warcraft III/Maps/Scenario. (That's where TheDeathSheep and WarChasers is.) I named it "Legendary Gladiators X 0.9 beta Protected". I checked in the folder and the map was there, its size had also decreased with 500kB.

4. I started up Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne.

5. I entered Single Player and then Custom Game.

6. In the map browser I entered the folder Scenario. There I could only see TheDeathSheep and WarChasers, and NOT my own map that I protected.

Does anyone have a clue why this happens? Isn't the protectors compatible with 1.23 (latest Warcraft 3 version.) (version 1.23.0.6352 to be exact.)
I find this very annoying, because I have put many hours on this map and do not want someone else to modify it and add cheats.

EDIT: Okay, my problem is solved now. I got help from another forum. The problem was the length of the map name. Warcraft 3 can't find a map if it has to long file name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.