• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] cant detect orb of lightning based ability beeing cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
as the tittle says... no matter what i do i cant detect when my unit starts the effect or begins casting or whatever of an orb of lightning based ability :S

has anybody ever messed with this? i really need to know how can i detect when it affects the enemy unit :/

Level 12
You cannot detect the triggering, procing, occurring of any passive abilities.
Only way to do what you want is to make those abilities with triggers.

I.e. Unit is attacked, if attacked unit has your ability, get a random number. If the number is lower than the chance to occur, do something.

Since Unit is attacked event is not unit lands a hit(or something similar) you may want to use damage detection systems.

Level 11
actually its effect is when you attack and if the cooldown is ready instead of purge it uses storm bolt stunning an enemy... it is like bash but with a 100% chance when cooldown is ready.

i had it in another way (made by the previous owner of the map) in which the unit had a dummy wind walk ability ... when the cooldown was ready and the unit attacks it casts wind walk via trigger and ordered a dummy unit to cast storm bolt from a fixed location in the map... but the animation of the attacking units was awful and it wasnt passive at all... you could click on it and nothing happened :/

but ive been having even more problems with it... that i could solve by being able to detect when its effects starts... but if cant detect that ... then im screwed... guess ill change that back to the way it was... i lost more than 4 days with this stupid skill :S

Status
Not open for further replies.