• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you detect Item Spells with triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm working with lightning orb and it has a chance to cast a custom spell. However, I haven't had any luck detecting the cast of that spell when it happens. I'm trying use dummy units to enhance the spell, but I can't get the events to pick it up.

IE - Unit begins the effect.... Cond: Ability being cast = X. This doesn't pick it up. (I've tried X as the new ability and as the orb ability itself, neither work.)

Level 3
I've tried that one actually. Lightning orb is sort of a passive thing, and it isn't "used" or "manipulated".

I'm still stumped as how to detect the spell it casts.

Level 3
So you're suggesting to trigger my custom spell on the event that the unit attacks and the condition that it possesses the item?

Could there be any problems though with the event, could a ranged attacker cancel their attack and still trigger the attacked event?

Level 4
Oh i thought it was a unit/hero ability, but still shouldn't matter too much.

I haven't checked with that stuff for a while, so I'm unsure, so I don't want to give you a false answer.

Level 1
You can try with "Unit - Starts the effect of ability" event, and in the condition check if "Ability being cast" is equal, not to item ability lightning orb but to the ability that is activated via lightning orb. I hope you understand me.

Level 3
morsila said:
You can try with "Unit - Starts the effect of ability" event, and in the condition check if "Ability being cast" is equal, not to item ability lightning orb but to the ability that is activated via lightning orb. I hope you understand me.

I do, but that's where I started with. It doesn't trigger the event of a unit casting an ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.