• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cannot import training dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello!

I wanted to replace archery target with this training dummy. I did EXACTLY what's written in tutorial, but everytime I change archery target's model, it says "Couldn't find Training Dummy.mdl" and replaces target with green and black cube.

That's weird 'cause the model is in .MDX format. I think that's the problem. The game couldn't find it. Why does it change format when I replace the models?

OYc9ztl.png

kRY5TAB.png

Level 3
Well, it DOES work now. Thanks.
I was trying to replace model to existing unit. That's maybe caused my problem.

But I've found another strange thing... If I change dummy to neutral-hostile or neutral-passive, it becomes invisible. Don't know why. When I change it to Player 1 (Red), it works.

EDIT: I've maybe found the problem. Trying to fix it.

EDIT 2: Well, it didn't help :(

Level 25
In your melee init, you still have the "
  • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
So it makes sense that the neutral hostile and neutral passive training dummies are removed :)
It also has several leaks, you should check the tutorial in my signature.

Level 3
I didn't check that category. Thanks!

I read that tutorial few days ago. Still not sure what the "leak" means. I think everything works fine as I wanted in my map...

Level 25
It doesn't really matter at the current stage at the map, but as your map becomes bigger you will need to fix it.

Everytime you create an unit through triggers, move an unit through triggers, etc you save that point where you create/move the unit to. If you don't clear it up, it will be saved until you exit the map.

Should you have triggers that create units over time, that means more points will be saved and will take up more memory by the game until your computer doesn't have enough memory and the game will start to lagg.

Status
Not open for further replies.