• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cannon Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Bob27 Presents
Cannon Defense

Contents:

Gameplay

Overview:
Cannon Defense is a 6 player map created by Bob27. The object of the game is to survive 20 waves of enemies, who will try and get past you. Each player will control their own Cannon, which they can use to shoot at the approaching enemies, and try and kill them before they reach the edge of the map. Once they reach the edge of the map you will loose one life, and then when you have no lives left you loose the game.

Gameplay:
In Cannon Defense you each control a Cannon, which you can use to attack enemies. You attack by simply right clicking where you want to shoot, and the Cannon will shoot there. Once all attacking enemies have been killed the level will finish, each play will be giving some gold as a reward for finishing the level and the countdown to the next level will begin. At the start of the map you will start of with 20 lives, and then whenever an enemy makes it past your Cannons you will loose a life. However you can buy lives (See Upgrades and Abilities).

Click on the image above to open a screenshot of the map.

As well as being able to shoot enemies with your Cannons you can use a number of abilities and upgrades to use against the enemies to damage them, slow them down or increase the power of your cannon. These are listed in the Abilities and Upgrades section.

During each game, there will be a number of random events that will happen, these will be the same each time, and will happen once everytime you play the map, however it will happen on a random level, and you will have no idea when one of these events will happen. These events will make it harder for you, the player to be able to kill all enemies. This could be because of things like limited visibility, or something else. (This feature has still got to be finished).

Abilities And Upgrades

Upgrades:
Cannon Defense also lets you upgrade your cannons with upgrades to increase its power. At the moment there is only one upgrade, which is a Damage Upgrade, that will increase your cannons damage. It has 3 levels to it. Like abilities upgrades will cost gold, which you can get by killing enemies and finishing levels.

BTNHumanMissileUpThree.jpg

Damage Upgrade
Cost: 100-350 Gold
Upgrades your cannons damage. It has three levels, one upgrading it with +25 damage (100 Gold), +50 damage (200 Gold) and another one with +100 damage (350 Gold).
Abilities:
In Cannon Defense you are able to use a number of abilities to try and kill and slow down your enemies. However before you can use them you will have to buy them.

BTNSlow.jpg

Slow
Cost: 300 Gold
Slows a target enemy unit's attack rate by 0.25 and movement speed by 0.6. Lasts 60 seconds for units and 10 seconds for bosses.
BTNWallOfFire.jpg

Flame Strike
Cost: 500 Gold
Conjures a pillar of fire which damages ground units in a target area over time. 45 damage a second for 3 seconds, followed by minor damage for 6 seconds.
BTNEnsnare.jpg

Ensnare
Cost: Free, however it can only be used once per game
Causes a target enemy unit to be bound to the ground so that it cannot move for 12 seconds. (Still has to be put into the map).
BTNStatUp.jpg

Buy Life
Cost: 400 Gold
Spend 400 Gold to buy one extra life.

Screenshots

screenshot1.gifscreenshot2.gifscreenshot3.gifscreenshot4.gif
screenshot5.gifscreenshot6.gifscreenshot7.gifscreenshot8.gif
screenshot9.gifscreenshot10.gifscreenshot11.gifscreenshot12.gif
Download

Here you can download Cannon Defense. At the moment the current version is Beta2.

-> Download: Cannon Defense 1.0 <-

Last edited:
Level 25
Was fun online. But still needs more excitement to it. Random events and such can help this out a bit. Also, being able to adjust the camera would be really nice too. Perhaps with arrow keys?

Love the no cooldown for spells btw. :smile:

~Craka_J

Level 24
Was fun online. But still needs more excitement to it. Random events and such can help this out a bit. Also, being able to adjust the camera would be really nice too. Perhaps with arrow keys?

Love the no cooldown for spells btw. :smile:

~Craka_J

Yea I just finished making a camera system, so that you can rotate the camera using the left and right arrow keys. I'll be releasing it in the next release. As for random events they still need a bit more work before I release them.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Looks like a really good map, but I have to say I'm kinda disappointed with the terrain. I personally think a castle-like, summer terrain would suit it well (like the one in the preview).

Other than that, my suggestions would be to add occurring weather effects, and fog increases (to make it more interesting), but overall it looks like a lovely, fun map.

Level 24
Ok I have given the map over to Craka_J, who is currently working on a new terrain design for the map. Once that is completed I will be ready to release another version of the map.

Heres a list of some of the new things that I have added:

• Camera Rotation System: Now you can rotate your camera to the left or right by using the arrow keys. You can then reeset the camera by pressing the ESC button.
  • Power-Ups: Now random units will drop power-ups when they die, which can be picked up by shooting them.
  • Random Events: Now there will be random events that will happen during random levels. These events will happen once each every game, but will happen on a random level.
If everything goes to plan I should be able to release the new version later on today.

Level 9
Right, well I played it and I loved it. You've literally brought a new dimension to the genre of "defencive" games. What I would like to see in the next version is a shortcut key on the keyboard you can click rather than having to constantly move your mouse back and forth. If that was fixed I'de rate at 4.5/5 but atm its 4 :p

Level 24
Right, well I played it and I loved it. You've literally brought a new dimension to the genre of "defencive" games

What I would like to see in the next version is a shortcut key on the keyboard you can click rather than having to constantly move your mouse back and forth. If that was fixed I'de rate at 4.5/5 but atm its 4 :p

Sorry, but I'm not completly sure of what you mean by that.

Level 9
Sorry, but I'm not completly sure of what you mean by that.
Well, at the moment you need to click on the "attack ground" button then move the cursor to where you want to attack. It is possible to use keyboard shortcuts to activate this button. For example, the user presses the key [A] and it activates attack ground.

Level 9
Ah ok - in that case I think this map is 9.5/10.
It's pretty hard to find original, smooth, challenging and fun maps but somehow you've managed it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.