• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cannibalize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want create Cannibalize skill to create also corpses (when used).

I learn Cannibalize -> I use it -> There creating two corpses -> He heals himself

how can I create that with/without triggers?

Level 4
Hi,

I've done one variation of your spell, I'll show you the trigger that I've used to make it work.

• Cannibalize
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(cannibalize))
    • Actions
      • Set CannibalizePoint = (Position of (Ordered unit))
      • Unit - Create a permanent Skeletal Footman corpse for (Owner of (Ordered unit)) at CannibalizePoint facing (Random angle) degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_CannibalizePoint)
Ok so the idea here was if there is a dead body nearby the user, the user can generate a corpse and eat it to restore hit points. The user doesn't exactly have to be close up and personal to the the dead body exactly but! There has to be a dead body near the user in I'm just going to estimate a 700 range.

So to sum up if there is a dead body in a 700 range of the user, the user can generate a dead body and eat it to restore hit points.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Level 18
You're not going to want to have to have an extra corpse in X range to be able to use this spell.

From the sounds of it you're looking for "Tranquility" with only "Self" targets.

Level 5
Hi,

I've done one variation of your spell, I'll show you the trigger that I've used to make it work.

• Cannibalize
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(cannibalize))
    • Actions
      • Set CannibalizePoint = (Position of (Ordered unit))
      • Unit - Create a permanent Skeletal Footman corpse for (Owner of (Ordered unit)) at CannibalizePoint facing (Random angle) degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_CannibalizePoint)
Ok so the idea here was if there is a dead body nearby the user, the user can generate a corpse and eat it to restore hit points. The user doesn't exactly have to be close up and personal to the the dead body exactly but! There has to be a dead body near the user in I'm just going to estimate a 700 range.

So to sum up if there is a dead body in a 700 range of the user, the user can generate a dead body and eat it to restore hit points.

If you have any questions please let me know.
Well, I want to create that corpse..

Level 18
I don't see why "Tranquility" wouldn't work. It is a non-target cast ability that is channeling (like Cannibalize) and it regenerates hit points (like Cannibalize). If you still want to create corpses aside from the healing then you can do that using triggers quite easily.

Level 13
This isn't as hard as you may think.

I can understand not using tranquility. It creates a green aura that is near-impossible to get rid of no matter how many art and buff animatiosn you remove.

Now, what you want to do is create one dummy spell based either of Channel or Warstomp/Thunderclap with all data removed that makes them do damage/have an AoE/duration.

Remember to set the duration to 0.01 and not 0.00.

Now, give the unit that dummy spell and only that dummy spell.

Now, create the whole "Unit starts affects of Spell, Spell is DummySpell" ordeal. For the first action, create A permanent skeletal corpse of footman at location of Triggering Unit as many times as you want him to generate a corpse.

Then, after those, Add the Ability Cannabalize to him, Issue a No Target Order to "cannabalize" or "Undead Ghoul - Cannabalize" and have a Wait after that checking every 0.5 seconds to see if his Order has become something other than cannabalize. If it is no longer cannabalize, then Remove the Cannalize Ability.

It would probably be more asthetically pleasing to rename the cannabalize ability he'll be using to something like "Feasting" with the tooltip "This unit is currently chowing down on some delicious corpses."

• OM NOM NOM
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Cannibalize Dummy
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create a Town Guard corpse for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create a Town Guard corpse for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Add Cannibalize to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Undead Ghoul - Cannibalize
      • Wait until ((Issued order) Not equal to (Order(cannibalize))), checking every 0.50 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Cannibalize from (Triggering unit)
(Has not been tested ingame)

Last edited:
Level 18
Titanhex said:
It creates a green aura that is near-impossible to get rid of no matter how many art and buff animatiosn you remove.

What do you think the "Tides of Blood" team used for Jean's healing ability? You can't simply "Delete" a buff in order to remove its effect. Abilities with buffs must have buffs, however you can change them. The green "aura" is simple to remove, and I've just done it now in my World Editor.

Notice in the screen-shot how there is no green glow around the Keeper of the Grove. Also, in the bottom-right corner of the screen you can see clearly that the ability is being cast. So, please, tell me again how you "understand why he wouldn't want to use Tranquility"?

Titanhex said:
Then, after those, Add the Ability Cannabalize to him, Issue a No Target Order to "cannabalize" or "Undead Ghoul - Cannabalize" and have a Wait after that checking every 0.5 seconds to see if his Order has become something other than cannabalize. If it is no longer cannabalize, then Remove the Cannalize Ability.

Wait, or TriggerSleepAction, is a grossly inaccurate function. Instead, you could use blizzard's in-game feature that automatically tells the game when the ability is not being casted, when the ability actually stops being casted. There is even an event for "Unit stops casting ability" so why would he use a Wait?

Level 13
Hmm, you may be right. To be honest the last time I messed with tranquility's graphics was when I barely could do GUI. Maybe I removed the buffs instead of replacing them or something like that. I just remember that no matter what field I messed with in the editor, that green rain thing would always appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.