• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Canceling 'Channel' via Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey!

I was planning to use the Channel as an alternative to pausing units (so their timed lives and buffs still pass on, even when they are "paused"), but is there a way to cancel this Channel effect via triggers? Because the pause might last longer or shorter depending on when the unit is paused.

Apparently, Channel can't add buffs(?). Otherwise I would have simply removed the buff when a new turn starts and units can move again, but that doesn't work either... One workaround was that I made the Channel last only one second and then kept the unit casting it repeatedly until the new turn started, but that makes the command card flicker annoyingly.

So any ideas? Or are there perhaps some other alternatives to the "Pause unit" function?

Status
Not open for further replies.