• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can you build a 'tree?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In my custom map, I want to make a buidable structure, which allow worker to haverst lumber from it. Is there any way to make that? Because player will likely build a lot of it, I prefer a way to use less trigger. In addition, if I make all tree in the map invincible, will it prevent worker from haversting from it?

Level 7
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to YourBuilding
    • Actions
      • Set temploc = (Position of (Constructed structure))
      • Unit - Remove (Constructed structure) from the game
      • Destructible - Create a Summer Tree Wall at temploc facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temploc)
You still need "birth" animation for your destructibles tho.

Level 3
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to YourBuilding
    • Actions
      • Set temploc = (Position of (Constructed structure))
      • Unit - Remove (Constructed structure) from the game
      • Destructible - Create a Summer Tree Wall at temploc facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temploc)
You still need "birth" animation for your destructibles tho.
Then, the building will not be attacked by normal unit anymore. Then it make no point to make it a "buidable structure"
If anyone has play AOE, the building I'm talking about is similiar to a "farm"; worker cam haverst from it while your enemy can attack and destroy it. There problem cannot be solved by replace that bldg with a tree.

Level 3
You could periodically revive or reset all tree health. For example if a tree has 300,000 health and you periodically reset it to 300,000 health it is unlikely to ever die.
It is still harvestable. I want to turn all tree in map into a "decoration" that worker will not make lumber out of it. Better if ability like" force of nature" still destroy them.

Last edited:
Level 16
Then, the building will not be attacked by normal unit anymore. Then it make no point to make it a "buidable structure"
If anyone has play AOE, the building I'm talking about is similiar to a "farm"; worker cam haverst from it while your enemy can attack and destroy it. There problem cannot be solved by replace that bldg with a tree.
Isnt it exactly like Night Elves Entangled gold mine? hmmmm...

Level 7
Give a tree a huge amount of health and have it reset by triggers. Thats my best suggestion. If there are a few of these trees you can have your harvesters take 30-50 lumber from each trip to the tree - you need to change around the harvesting ability for this

Level 7
It is still harvestable. I want to turn all tree in map into a "decoration" that worker will not make lumber out of it. Better if ability like" force of nature" still destroy them.

If Im understanding you correctly you can accomplish this in a number of ways, two of which are changing trees into doodads, and changing trees into units (units with a model of a tree, and giving them invulnerability, locus and setting their movement type to none), there are probably more methods to doing this, but those are two I can get off the top of my head at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.