• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can someone help me with this I'm new to this

Level 1
Can someone help me with this? I am new to this and this is pretty much my first map, I have no idea what the problem is here. It looks like this when I try to play as single player my custom map.
Does anyone know what usually the cause of this is if its something that usually happens?

Attachments

• 2024-03-18 23_50_07-Warcraft III.png
    2024-03-18 23_50_07-Warcraft III.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Level 39
What Uncle said could also be an issue (it would track with Reforged), but I don't believe it's the root cause here. The problem is that the full path to the map is just... too long and the game breaks. That sounds utterly stupid and it is. Too many characters in the full path of the file. So you can move the map somewhere else to test it, reduce the length of name of some of the directories it's in, or reduce the map filename itself.

Level 1
Did you try to rename the map? I'm almost positive it's a naming issue, try shortening it like Pyro suggest. View attachment 466409
Test things out and get back to us, because at the moment I don't even know if you tried any of our suggestions.
I did the tests, seems like some of the direction of the models are the problem then; Cause I tried it and seems like it had this problem you said.
I made a save with the folders etc, so I can delete them easier, then saved that again as a simple map file.
the new save where I deleted some of the files inside, worked perfectly fine. Maybe is the direction of some units models. Thanks

Also another question if its not a problem, about the trees, if I put more trees than it lets you what can happen? is there a problem with it?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I did the tests, seems like some of the direction of the models are the problem then; Cause I tried it and seems like it had this problem you said.
I made a save with the folders etc, so I can delete them easier, then saved that again as a simple map file.
the new save where I deleted some of the files inside, worked perfectly fine. Maybe is the direction of some units models. Thanks

Also another question if its not a problem, about the trees, if I put more trees than it lets you what can happen? is there a problem with it?
I believe you can't place any more than the limit in the standard World Editor. Not too sure though, does it allow you to bypass the limit?

A nice solution and one that would also help with map performance is to rely on custom tree models, especially batches of trees that all exist in one single model file.

Also, a Destructable is more complex than a Doodad because it can be destroyed. So if your Destructable is purely visual (unable to be interacted with or destroyed) it would make more sense to use a Doodad, plus it would also let you bypass the Tree limit.

Unfortunately, it's not so simple with Trees since they rely on special Destructable fields to handle their textures, that's why I suggested a custom model since that'll work for both Doodad and Destructable.

Last edited:
Level 1
I believe you can't place any more than the limit in the standard World Editor. Not too sure though, does it allow you to bypass the limit?

A nice solution and one that would also help with map performance is to rely on custom tree models, especially batches of trees that all exist in one single model file. Remember, a Destructable is more complex than a Doodad because it can be destroyed. So if your Destructable is purely visual (unable to be interacted with or destroyed) it would make more sense to use a Doodad. Unfortunately, it's not so simple with Trees since they rely on special Destructable fields to handle their textures, that's why I suggested a custom model.
It has let me but never tried to play it with it. Only it says that as a warning.
I play reforged of course.