• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can not open a map in the editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
picture upload

After I confirm this, it says that "unit data is missing or is invalid".

How do I solve the problem?

I've got UMS 5.0 editor (from jassnewgen pack...).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is this your map or one you downloaded?

If it was downloaded the map might have been purposely corrupted as a form of "map protection". In this case there is nothing you can do (or at least we cannot help you) to get it to load in the editor.

Even if a map is "protected" nothing stops you from modifying the game data files directly. In such a case you will need a MPQ editor to extract and change the game data files. Many of these files are binary formatted data so not easy/user friendly to modify.

Level 4
Oh, it is protected?

Why of course, lol. Forgive my dumbness, I haven't used W3 in a while and completely forgot that and was expecting some different kind of error for protected maps.

Also, thanks for super fast response.

I love you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.