• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W3X Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Guys I Need Help I Was Making My First Warcraft 3 Mod And Then Upload It On Moddb Page At This Time I've Got A Problem And It Says On The Editor When I Load The Map.
Unable To Load File C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III Reign Of Chaos & The Frozen Thorne\Maps\Test\WorldEditTestMap.w3x'

-Level Info Data Missing Or Invalid

When I Move The File Into The Desktop It Says The File Is Not Found
Can You Help Me Guys I Think I Have A Problem

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The map MPQ archive is entirely corrupt. At the very least both hash table and block table are entirely corrupt. I recommend rolling back to a previous version or using your last working backup of the map.

If this was your only copy then one might be able to restore some of the files. However this will be extremely time consuming (man days or even man weeks of work) and requires a high proficiency in computer science to get anywhere with it. It is almost certain that no one will do this for free due to the effort it entitles. Additionally there is no guarantee anything useful might be restored, as would be the case if important map file blocks were also corrupted.

Level 2
The map MPQ archive is entirely corrupt. At the very least both hash table and block table are entirely corrupt. I recommend rolling back to a previous version or using your last working backup of the map.

If this was your only copy then one might be able to restore some of the files. However this will be extremely time consuming (man days or even man weeks of work) and requires a high proficiency in computer science to get anywhere with it. It is almost certain that no one will do this for free due to the effort it entitles. Additionally there is no guarantee anything useful might be restored, as would be the case if important map file blocks were also corrupted.

Im Not Going To Make my Map Anymore Im Working On A Campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.