• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Okey, so I researched this problem a little and the only solution you might have of saving your map is to:

QUICKLY open the last tested map - it should be in: "Maps/Test" and its called WorldEditTest Map. This is the last tested map; if it's yours, then you're very lucky.

If not, learn to backup.

Level 9
Well I got no WorldEditTest Map there so Its meaningless all my months of work is completely gone.... :( but thanks anyways

I think Im gonna quit map making after this because it sucks to lose it all!

I think that Linkin Park is singing about my map in the song in the end when they say
"I tried so hard to lose it all, in the end it doesnt even matter"

Hehe :D

+rep for trying

Level 9
Ok but it was my first map so :p I dont like map making any more

But your right I wont quit map making I have already started my next project!
It is gonna be unique, I got an crazy idea!

Level 9
Anybody know how I make a car race so that when a player press Arrow Key Left the players units face abit left?

Level 17
Just a usefull thing I always do.
Lets say my map is called: Weee I add a extra thing like V0.000 to keep track of saves.
When I am gonan save I save it as Weee V0.001.
I add some stuf edit, and when I save I call it Weee V0.002.
This way I always have a back up if i end up screwing the game up somewhere or if stuf like this happens.
It's also good proof you're the original creator if somebody steals your map. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.