• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WE error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Sounds like the map was damaged and thus unusable. The one file is missing in the MPQ so WE can not build the map properly (thus can not open it).

You might be able to recover some of the missing data via mpq editor and placing it into an empty blank map, but whats gone is gone and will have to be redone.

Always backup your maps.

Level 3
F*** well it wasn't a major project, just lots of questions, more like a fun idea, and alearning experience. thanks. how can i prevent this? (apart from backing up which i will do now)

also, how do i recover that mpq thing? will this get my map back? mosyly i only care about the triggers i used, i learnt heaps in those

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Some files will be missing so data loss is garunteed. You should be able to restore a lot though like triggers and object editor data and even the basic terrain if those are not missing (more than 1 file might be missing).

Do not take across the listfile and the other file which have __ in them as those will be regenerated on map save or when you save the MPQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.