• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can Characters Be brought from LAN to Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello!

I have been playing LAN by myself for a few days, with Save-load codes working.

As soon as i changed my LAN name, the code didnt work.

So, is it possible to port a hero from LAN to online? should my LAN name be the same as my B.net name?

Level 3
Hey right back at you!

There is no issue with going from LAN to online that I know of.. so long as you are NOT playing single player (AKA - Able to use cheat codes). The issue that you're having is exactly as you said; your LAN name MUST BE the same as you BNet name. Codes are username specific, so if you change your name, the codes become void.
This also applies from BNet server to BNet server (IE - Europe to US East), so if someone has your name already registered.. out of luck!

Reconcile
Clan HMx

Level 2
You can do the following,

a) save the game while playing it on LAN. b) Change your LAN name to be exactly the same as your battle.net name. c) Load the saved game. d) Now -save your character. You should be able to use the code on bnet.

Level 1
You can do the following,

a) save the game while playing it on LAN. b) Change your LAN name to be exactly the same as your battle.net name. c) Load the saved game. d) Now -save your character. You should be able to use the code on bnet.

Read what reconcile said. "username specific". Step C cannot be done :con:

Status
Not open for further replies.