• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Campaign Editor map number limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello all, I was wondering is there a map number limit for Campaign Editor.

Can I have a campaign with 50 maps, would it be working, will the program allow it?

Has anyone tried this?

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Pretty sure no one has a campaign with 50 maps, seems absurd. Anyway try the campaign yourself, maybe it turns out to have new interesting discoveries on the game, still, I don't understand why you haven't tried it yourself before asking...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Mechanically there might not be a limit, but making just 1 map requires a lot of work. The work required to make 50 is near impossible and the project will almost certainly fail long before completion.

Blizzard had an entire development team working for a good part of 3-4 years to create the 9 campaigns in WC3.

Level 7
Thank you all, that was very interesting to learn, will give it a try and let you know.

P.S. This was just out of curiosity, I'm not planning to do a 50 map campaign ;)
The question was only hypothetical :p

Status
Not open for further replies.