• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

campaign difficulty resets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hello,

I'm adding variable difficulty levels to Lord of the Clans (release should be within 24 hours), but for some reason the difficulty always reverts to Normal after completing a mission, even when choosing Hard. I noticed the same thing happens with the bonus campaign Exodus of the Horde, but not with the actual Warcraft 3 campaigns (The Scourge of Lordaeron etc.). Is there a way to fix it for custom campaigns? Is this a recent bug (1.27?) or has this been in existence for a long time?

Level 11
Custom Campaigns will for some reason follow the difficulty of the Original Frozen Throne campaigns. So if you leave the difficulty there to Hard it will reset to Hard in your custom campaign as well after you complete a mission.

The bug has been in existence for a long time. What I did for my campaign is told anyone who downloaded how this difficulty bug works.

Level 28
Hmm only thing I found out so far is that its enough to return to the campaign screen after each map (Quit campaign). No need to fiddle with the setting every time. For now I'll stick with the simple hint message, and I'm giving the player the option to check his current difficulty with a chat message.

I agree that a dialog box would be more user friendly. But at this point I just want to get the campaign out (been working on the update way too long again) and move on to other things. Might release in a few hours.

Level 20
Hmm only thing I found out so far is that its enough to return to the campaign screen after each map (Quit campaign). No need to fiddle with the setting every time. For now I'll stick with the simple hint message, and I'm giving the player the option to check his current difficulty with a chat message.

I agree that a dialog box would be more user friendly. But at this point I just want to get the campaign out (been working on the update way too long again) and move on to other things. Might release in a few hours.

You wanna tell that to me? :) 8 years in total spent for my project, 1 of which only for the recently(not even entirely) released update. My dialogue box purpose was more for the unlockable diff level than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.