• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Chapter Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Ok, so I finished Chapter 1 of my campaign, and wanted to test it. I went into WCIII - Custom Campaign and then... a black screen. The screen was black, didnt even go to loading screen, or go back to campaign screen as if there were too many models. The Prologue worked fine so im guessing its not th ecampaign settings, I removed all the triggers and that still didnt help so I added them again. The only things I made specific in this map are tints and health of some destructibles. None of the limits have been bypassed and I'm using JNPG so that wouldn't matter. I can't figure out what else could possibly be wrong and I'm about to give up, so I'm asking you to help me figure this out. The mission that is not working is called Chapter 1 (2), not Chapter 1. Please help!

Attachments

• TDP Keisworth Campaign 1.w3n
    6.2 MB · Views: 79
Level 28
I get the same problem as well, seems the only map which doesn't work is the Chapter 1 (2).

Okay, I might have found the problem.

You have 2 units with an incorrect raw code:
- Gold Serpent (a backslash is not allowed in the raw code).
- Citadel of Light and Magic (an apostrophe is now allowed).

If you rename their raw code, the campaign should run normally.

More info:

The game is trying to create/place all units which are already set up in the editor and comes across raw codes which aren't supposed to 'exist'.
This causes the game to crash before it's even loaded.

Level 28
1) Copy/paste the unit.
2) Find all original units in the map and replace them with the copy/pasted one.
3) Delete the original unit.

I think you've got 3 wrong units: 2 somewhere near a camp (top left) and another one somewhere top-middle (not sure, but that magic tower was around there somewhere).

Level 5
I found by utilizing the Demo Campaign that theres triggering required for you to see the next buttons appear. Open it up and Copy-Paste the Level Data folder, and adjust it to your variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.