• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

CameraTargetController not very smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
edit #2 - I tested this out with a JASS map and I wasn't running into any issues when only using the target controller function. Are you using anything else that touches the camera over time?

I wonder if post #16 here is related to your problem with that function: Panel System

I suspect if it worked at one point then it is definitely related to a Reforged UI or frame handling update (speculation only, of course). i.e. processes are out of sync.

Does anything change when the orientation argument is turned to the opposite flag you are currently using (testing only)?

edit: also, is your map using Lua or JASS?

Last edited:
Level 14
The map uses JASS and I'm only using the target controller, nothing else. Its not like it doesn't work, it just doesn't feel smooth in terms of FPS...
No, changing the orientation setting does nothing.
I did not experience the FPS issue, is what I meant to say. Panning with the unit is quite smooth.

Could check if it's an issue local to your machine by playing around with video settings. Vsync being forced on by a graphics program, lower the frame rate cap to 60, etc.

I suppose you'd have to verify that other people experience the same issue (if you haven't already).

Status
Not open for further replies.