• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
My trigger:
  • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (((Real((Entered chat string))) / 100.00) x 1650.00) over 1.00 seconds
I want to set the camera to the % of the chat string I enter. For example, if I type '-cam 120' the zoom will be set to 120% of the standard W3 camera. Any ideeas how to do this?

Level 9
I don't know if it's possible to make that. However, you could try this event:

• Player - Player 1 (red) types a chat message containing (-cam + (String(NUMBER))) as An exact match
In the action you posted, change [Entered chat string] for NUMBER. (A real variable, call it however you want)

In "NUMBER" you can write 120, 140, 160... whatever you want. I didn't try if it works, but I suppose that if you create some triggers with this, you could make the player able to zoom the camera to several different zooms. Then, you could send a message to the player and inform him about the different zooms he can set.
I don't know if this can be made in order to accept any number you write, maybe others can help you with that.

I hope this helped.

Regards

Level 6
Use substring, it checks if "-cam" is in the message
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring

The condition is that the 4 first characters are exactly "-cam"
(Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 4)) Equal to -cam

Then set the variable to everything after: (5th char is a space so we skip it)
Set variable = Real( substring((Entered chat string), 6, 100) )

:)

Level 9
Thank you for your assist, Mcasdf. This helped me understand the subtrings function as well as fixing my trigger. I will add you to the credit list.

Thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.