• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Camera transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is ''Ryoko Vehicle Load'' tutorial.
Since my hero on map has fixed camera, that same camera should be transfered on to vehicle (in this case Siege Engine).
So I made some adjustments and it works... But! it works if vehicle is already on map. (2nd trigger, Action-Set Unit = Siege Engine 0155)
What I need for example is:
Hero creates town, and one structure can build/sell units...so i decide to build my self tank (so i can load and keep safe my hero while i terrorize AL)
So here is the problem... since tank isn't on map i can't transfer camera from hero to tank. What should i do???
I tryed making this happen for 5h and whatever I do it doesn't work.

LoadVehicle.jpg

CSV.jpg

C3rdPV.jpg

Level 5
In the Load Vehicle trigger. In Actions why are you using trigger unit? I would use casting unit since the event is a casting event... For fixing it I'm looking into it now.

Level 3
I tryed adding conditions, like transporting unit contains -name of hero-, ofc it didn't work...

Than i tryed again different kinds of actions that replaces siege engine, example event response transporting, triggering unit....... it didn't work.

I tryed adding variable unit type instead of unit (unit type gives access to all units/buildnigs....) for unit type i picked ofc siege engine unit, and it didn't work.

Than i was thinking like maybe there should be some kind of variable that is specific for each unit. So i tryed to make special variable for siege engine.... I don't know to make it and I think that can't be done.

Than i noticed preset unit option, and I tryed to preset unit... failed again. :cry::cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.