• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Passive Ability doesnt transfer between players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi im currently making a map (nothing too serious), and there is something that I just can't get to work.
Basicly you build units and they transfer into an arena(changing ownership to computercontrolled player), you can build archers and upgrade "Envenomed Spears" for them.
This all works fine until they get transfered into the arena and change ownership, they loose their envenomed spears. The ability is also dependant on an upgrade wich ive checked so it transfers with units changing ownership.

I cant figure out whats the problem.

All help appreciated!

Level 4
It does seem like a problem with the tech tree. If it isn't too much trouble, remove the envenomed spears skill from the units when transferring them away from players, and add a copy of the skill, but without techtree requirements.

Otherwise no idea.

Level 1
Thanks for replying!

The problem I both face with these solutions are that this will lead to allies also gaining the upgrade without having to research it. Say for example player 1, 2 and 3 are on the same team but only player 1 has researched the Envenomed Spears, when all of their units are transfered to the arena they are owned by the same player. This means they all get the upgrade even tho player 2 and 3 didnt have to research it.

Level 24
You might want to create 3 different units with 3 different envenomed spears.
It does require some coding on making it to work properly.

Another option is to add the envenomed spears ability that has no required upgrades to newly created units if you have researched it and apply it to all your current owned units when researching it.
That might be easier to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.