• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hey, I'm working on the Hero Selection System of my Fallout map.
(It's a bit like in Impossible Bosses)

I show a close-up of the hero with a camera.
Then I have another unit selected, which has the Ablities "Show Next Hero", "Show Previous Hero" and "Select Hero".

Now the problem is that it can happen, that you move your mouse and the camera moves a bit.

How can I lock the camera, but still be able to use the Selection Unit?

Level 9
I think of a solution, create a periodic event trigger which pans the camera the to the position of the unit. But also remember to clean the location of the position of the unit to avoid leaks. And also be sure that the periodic time event must not be more than 0.30 seconds.

Try it MAYBE it work...

Level 9
Pan camera to the position of the unit is different than apply camera, that's why I left that comment :)
It's an alternative, nothing more. Let me give you some rep, in case you thought I wanted to steal your thunder :)

Oh sorry Pharaoh.....
Didn't think of that much.:gg:

Status
Not open for further replies.