• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
That doesnt work, what i mean is that i set the camera right on the unit(like first person) and i slant it to face forward. But in order to keep it in that positiong i have a trigger that works every 0.05 seconds so reseting it wont work. But thats too messy, because is boots the host out of the game within bout 5-10 minutes.

I need something that will stick once it works...

Level 3
lag

hmm if your doing what i think your doing as in making a trig run every 0.05 seconds than thats kind of a mistake - the game will lag severely after like 20 minutes of game play ( thats single player ) with like 6 people it will lag like hell after 5 or so minutes...

Level 10
Do it this way:

Variables: r (real)

Trigger1
Event
Time - periodic event: Every 0.3 seconds of game time (if you want, you can do it more often)
Action
set r = perspective of current camera view

Trigger2
Event
Game - value of real variable: r gets unequal to 304.00
Action
Camera - Set Camera Field : Set Player1's camera perspective to 304.00 over 0.2 seconds

304.00 is the standard game view perspective; of course you have to do the Set Camera Field for every player you have in game. I don't know if the "Perspective of current camera" works correctly for more than one player, you have to try it out. But for one player, this should work and does not leak at all, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.