• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Camera - Far clipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
When you decrease the Far clipping in a camera's options, it sort of like removes objects very sharply; what I want is the objects to be removed very smoothly (like being covered by a fog). Is this possible?

Last edited:
@deama: I'm not sure what you mean exactly. If you adjust the farZ instantaneously, it will remove them quickly (e.g. 5000 to 2000). To smoothen out that process, the best you can do is to make a periodic timer and decrease the farZ value by a certain amount per tick.

Some notes: if you want the fog to cover the area, you have to make sure the End-Z of the fog is less than the far-Z. Otherwise you may experience some clipping issues (e.g. black clipping in the sky box)

You can also make a combo of the two options above. I am not sure how it will look, but it may be worth a shot. :) Basically you would decrease the far-Z over an interval and decrease the fog's End-Z as well, per tick of the periodic timer.

Level 4
@deama: I'm not sure what you mean exactly. If you adjust the farZ instantaneously, it will remove them quickly (e.g. 5000 to 2000). To smoothen out that process, the best you can do is to make a periodic timer and decrease the farZ value by a certain amount per tick.

Some notes: if you want the fog to cover the area, you have to make sure the End-Z of the fog is less than the far-Z. Otherwise you may experience some clipping issues (e.g. black clipping in the sky box)

You can also make a combo of the two options above. I am not sure how it will look, but it may be worth a shot. :) Basically you would decrease the far-Z over an interval and decrease the fog's End-Z as well, per tick of the periodic timer.
Where may I find the fog's end-Z? There's only the far-Z option in the camera editor.

u can download the glow model it simulates fog. u attach the effect to a unit then place the units. mybe this will work for u.
that would not really make it smmoth unless you got a loop trigger that move units around.
Might be an interesting alternative... but I feel like there's a better way of doing it; shouldn't be this hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.