• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change Sky Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Is there a way that I can change the color of the sky in my RPG map?
I cant use a Skybox because there are way too many clipping issues involved (I.E. the sky looks like a physical object moving through mountains as the camera moves).

So is there a way I can use fog or anything like that to change the color of the sky instead of using a skybox?

Level 8
Read my damn post. I cant use a skybox because this happens: (skybox clipping)

Attachments

• skyboxclipping.jpg
    skyboxclipping.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 130
Level 25
Hold Ctrl and roll your mouse wheel down to zoom out of the clipping (assuming you have a mouse wheel). The sky box won't affect actual gameplay.

Fog is always a good idea to use in any map, even if it's unnoticeable. It does improve visibility a little bit, and it really does make the terrain look nicer when it is noticeable.

Level 8
With triggers, Camera - Set Camera Field -> Far Z

Its not working. I can still only see up to the far lantern in the picture attached to this post. (Please look at the picture attached in case FarZ was not the right trigger for what I am trying to do)

EDIT:: Nevermind, its working, I just had to adjust a few things

Attachments

• HIVE.jpg
    HIVE.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.