• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Info] Calculating Mouse's X Position in UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm attempting to create a camera system which rotates the player's view once the mouse is "within" the horizontal sides of the screen. I'd assume it would be done by If Mouse X is less than the UI x value of 10, change camera yaw -= 8 through a periodic event, or whatever it may be, but there is no "get mouse UI position" option, and I can only actually rotate the camera if the mouse is currently being moved through the trigger options I'm seeing here.

How would somebody normally go about this?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
One normally does not want to do that level of camera control with triggers as triggers are deterministic so any form of input is lag based (has to be synchronized).

What you are after is the event "player moves cursor" or the likes. That will fire every time a cursor position is synchronized. You can then resolve the current position on the display knowing that it is 1600 wide by 1200 high.

Status
Not open for further replies.