• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Calculate damage taken then remove damage from custom value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm working on recreating Protoss Shields from StarCraft. I think I have the basic idea but I'm not really experienced with WC3 triggers so I'm not sure how I would calculate the damage then remove that damage from a custom value.

This is what I have so far:

• Footman
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Custom value of (Attacked unit)) Less than or equal to 100
          • (Custom value of (Attacked unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing 0.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal

Level 11
You need a damage detection system for that, and most DDS systems use custom values of units, so you probably have to make local values/MUI with variables.

Event
"A unit is attacked" won't work.

Imagine if a ranged unit attacks and before that projectile lands another projectile is fired, thus messing up the damage calculated for the first projectile.

Status
Not open for further replies.