1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

C&C:Renegade

Submitted by VampireKB
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Contents

C&C:Renegade (Map)

1. VampireKB

VampireKB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1 Hint
    Only Engineers May Defuse Ion Beacons !!

2. Souls62

Souls62

Resources:
    Resources:
    this map needs a ton of work their buddy

3. VampireKB

VampireKB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For example ?

and one more thing..
    if you destroy enemy Power Plant their defence structures willn't works (NOD turrets will work ! It's not a bug it a C&C:Renegade game balance...)

4. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Bland texturing, almost no doodad work, almost sloppy looking terraining, imported models just thrown in with no object editing done to them (i.e. why is the medium tank twice the size as the mammoth?), wether scaling value or Z-point projecting editing....

I'm seeing this same consistancy in all your maps. I seriously think you should focus more on quality then quantity. Open some Blizzard maps and examine how they do their terrain and mimic their texturing methods and doodad placements. I noticed you tried to make the "hourglass" Renegade map, but you missed out on many of the major features. No main hill to climb? Even 2 secs with the raise/lower tool could fix that. No tunnel? Some easy triggers could do that. No waterfalls that were the characteristic hiding spots in the past? No rocks that were the obstacles for tanks? No walls to run on top of at the bases? Due to the severe lach of textures used, you could have easily changed the tileset and put in one of the cityscape tiles to make the airfield. You could have also at least made an invulnerable plane fly by every time NOD purchased something. There was NONE of that done, is otherwise very easy things to do. Try to make stuff look like the actual game! There are plenty of obylisk unit/doodads that could have made a much better NOD obylisk then a protoss photon cannon. All the buildings are tiny, whereas in the real game they tower over you. Play with the object editor some...it looks like you never touch it in any of your maps.

I agree, this map, as well as all your others, need an immense ammount of work.
    -VGsatomi

5. VampireKB

VampireKB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for critics !

1)At another forum i make a thread about searching C&C models..
    2) I never may get as good terrain as it could be :( and i have had a good terrainer only at 1 map that is dominating at b.net for half a year...
    3)this map have been submitted because i'm creating another map for contest and don't want to "forget" "loose" this one
    4)As you may see i and GDI and NOD have the same ION beacon that already miss every style of C&C games..

5)And i don't really know about balancing was i right to make such balance as it now for :Artillery (NOD) Rocket launchers (GDI) ?

6. LateCold

LateCold

Resources:
    Resources:
    haha i remember playing renegade ,i played as doomfreza when it came out, on the www.clanwars.cc me and my partner doomflama made a clan just with us 2 #1 at once for like 3 days then a great clan called DoA knocked the fuck out of us

7. DRaGooN.BLaDe

DRaGooN.BLaDe

Resources:
    Resources:
    :? well.. what can I say.. you need to put more effort into this map .. a great map has great effort.. I will be nice and give you a 2/5 :shock:

~DRaGooN