• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buildings rotate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I saw in many games that building can able to rotate by my building only can see 270 degrees, how can it happen??

Sorry for bad english:sad:

Level 32
Rotating Buildings

To rotate buildings placed on the map in WE one must use the Object Editor to edit the building itself.
  1. Open Object Editor and select the building type you wish to rotate.
  2. Select the field Stats - Is A Building change this field value to: False
  3. Select the building in the main WE screen and rotate it using the "/" and "*" keys on your keyboard's number pad.
  4. Reset the field value Stats - Is A Building to: True.

This method will allow rotation of buildings placed in WE. To rotate building constructed during the game, a trigger would be needed (IF it's even possible.)

Note: you must rotate all buildings of the same type at the same time. Changing the field value for "Stats - Is A Building" may cause previously rotated buildings to regain their default rotation.

Root

When a building has a form of the "Root" ability its facing angle can be changed. Just add a version of the "Root" ability to every building you want to be able to rotate and disable the ability it on map initialization.

If you can't get it to work, I'll create you a template map.

PS: Changing the "Is a Building" function causes massive lag, at least for me, and if I don't want a unit to be a building I don't base it off of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.