• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Building (Sunken Ruins) and Derivatives

Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Building (Sunken Ruins) and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Grave (Forsaken) Info:

• Created a Grave for the Forsaken.
  • Set scale to 0.7 for same size as Undead Ziggurat.

• Adjusted the texture wrapping of the entrance.
  • Fixed the texture wrapping of some portions of the birth mesh.

• Enlarged the Birth meshes.

Keywords:
Farm, Food, Supply

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Contents

Grave (Forsaken) (Model)

Grave (Forsaken) Buttons (Icon)

Reviews
19:02, 24th Jan 2014 Kwaliti: During the third phase of the build animation there's a weird set of triangles protruding from the ground and moving with the saw. Fix that. EDIT: Changes made, resource approved.
13:02, 14th Mar 2014 Sin'dorei300: Corresponding resource approved.

M

19:02, 24th Jan 2014
Kwaliti:

During the third phase of the build animation there's a weird set of triangles protruding from the ground and moving with the saw. Fix that.

EDIT: Changes made, resource approved.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Ah neat! A simple, Forsaken "Farm". Y'know, it's times like these I wished I'd given more thought to my "ideal" Forsaken techtree, so I could try and weigh in on what kind of "houses" or "food-production buildings" they would have. :< As it stands, all I can say is "neat! looking good". Sorta a mix between the Ziggurat and ... an Obelisk.

Still don't like the Gargoyle Spire texture but other than that it looks really nice.
I agree. Isn't there some way to shade the pillar darker to match the purple, at least? "Geoset shading" or something?

omg.. good but make Forsaken units .. after buildings...
You have seen Ujimasa's previous body of work, right? He pretty much has never done units for the Races he has given buildings to.

Not to say that he couldn't (would be cool), but quite unlikely given his track record.

Level 4
Now here I don't agree, I have never seen a Forsaken house that resembles a grave, maybe for a unit production it would be fine, but for a food producing I don't think so, this is how forsaken towns look like:

"Image"

So you see, editing a farm, or maybe the high elf farm would be better.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Now here I don't agree, I have never seen a Forsaken house that resembles a grave, maybe for a unit production it would be fine, but for a food producing I don't think so, this is how forsaken towns look like:

"Image"

So you see, editing a farm, or maybe the high elf farm would be better.
I'm gonna politely disagree. I see what you're saying, but that really makes more sense in the "world" of Warcraft (word-play, but it's true). Real 'people' live in real houses. However, consider that in the "game" of Warcraft (3), each Faction is in reality not meant to represent a full-blooded culture, but instead the "army". (Also, the Rule of Cool & some basic Theme/Lore issues came into the decision I'm sure)

Let's extend your logic. Sure, the Humans could live in Farms... And I suppose the Orcs could live in Burrows (though how that fits a Tauren or Troll, I dunno...), but do the Undead live in their Ziggurats? Even when it grows a crystal & starts shooting? Or worse, how does the Mountain Giant and big hairy Druids of the Claw fit into a Moon Well?

It's more appropriately described as the "Food Supply" building (which is what it is), explaining how the Alliance/Horde/Scourge/Sentinels power their respective war machines.

Thus a "Forsaken Grave" (eh, Ziggurat + Obelisk) makes a level of sense; like a mini Graveyard, rife with corpses ready to instill with villainous unlife.

Or something like that. Honestly have to get around to designing Forsaken a bit better before I can complain, though. :p

M

13:02, 14th Mar 2014
Sin'dorei300: Corresponding resource approved.