• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Building Rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Some doodads and structures models are made to always face the same angle like the bow of sylvania (the 2 balls of her bow) are just 2 2D circles always facing the camera. For structures and doodads it's same thing...

Level 7
Turn the building into a unit, change facing, turn back into a building. Can't be done automatically, has to be done for each individually, and I haven't even tested if it can be done in-game, but it does work with pre-placed buildings, so I imagine it work with non-pre-placed as well.

Level 8
I had a problem with building horizontal and vertical walls also. I discovered the only way is to make a custom unit with custom pathing map which is simply the normal wall but rotated by 90 degrees.

It involves opening the existing model in an editor and creating a pathing map of your own. There are tutorials for both of these tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.