• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Build roads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello!

I was thinking if i can add to my map a road system, like... you can just build certain structures next to the roads!

Ok and now i was thinking if i can add a population system to my map, like... the houses produces villagers and increase the population( food), also there is a way to change that food to Population and the icon of course XD!

And when the players tries to build a structure that is not next to a road it displays a floating text saying "Build it next to a road"

EDIT:
Another thing! I was trying to do a random weather system that affects the movement of the units, like in winter the units get slower!
And my system doesnt work :D

+rep Help me :thumbs_up:

Level 4
Pharaoh, very close like....

[BUILDING][ROAD][BUILDING]

So i think i will need a custom building with a terrain texture, unselectable, invulnerable and walkable, right?
And when i finish with the building i just need to create a trigger that just let me build next to those roads?

The only thing here is that i dunno how to make the triggers :D

Level 8
Make a dummy unit called 'Road'. For triggers do,

Events: When Unit is Constructed,
Conditions: Constructed unit = 'Road',
Effects: Remove Last Constructed Unit
'Environment' Create terrain effect (Village cobble path) at location of last removed unit.

I think that will work. GL

Status
Not open for further replies.