• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Build Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
ok this explanation might get a little hard to follow, try to bear with me.

I want to make an ability based off of build, which will have levels and new towers to build on each level. Heres the part i cant figure out how to do, i want to make it so you can have at level one tower a, at lvl two, tower a and b, at lvl 3 towers a, b, c etc. BUT I want it to be so tower a cant upgrade until you reach a certain level of the ability.

EX

ABILITY LEVEL ----- TOWERS AVAILABLE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ----- Arrow Tower Level 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 ----- Arrow Tower Level 1, Arrow Tower Level 2,
Cannon Tower Level 1
3 ----- Arrow Tower Level 1, Arrow Tower Level 2,
Arrow Tower Level 3, Cannon Tower Level 1,
Cannon Tower Level 2,
So basically, i want it so you cant upgrade to certain levels of the tower until you reach a certain level of the build ability. Kudos to anyone who didnt just blow off reading all this, and thanks to anyone willing to submit a solution.

Level 4
Make the tower upgrades require a multi-level research. Create a trigger with the event "A unit learns a skill". Use if/then/else to check what level the Build ability is then set the level of the research to your build ability's level.

Level 5
Also u can make it a spell book I believe, and then just add the spells as they level. And then use the multi level research thing.

Then just base the spell off of ward or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.