• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Bug with a simple Dummy Help me :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello people ! AM back to war 3 to do some simple map.

I Actually have a big problem i cannot resolve :(

Here is my trigger !

2018-28-2-1531241794-bug.jpg

Visionneuse images - Noelshack - https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/28/2/1531241794-bug.jpg

Yeah its pretty simple.

>> The idea is my Unit cast a Fart spell ( Here Warstomp with no damage)
>> It summon a Dummy Fart who cast Immolation
>> It do damage to surrounding unit

Yeah i know pretty simple

2 main problem :
First,
If the unit is to a player it work perfectly / If the unit is a Neutral Hostile it works perfectly / But when it is a Enemy controlled by computer >> The dummy pop but the immolation do 0 damage oO i dont understand, am not allied with the enemy computer so ?

Second problem
I Have a special event with wave of monsters. With a trigger >> Detect 0 unit in region >> launch the next waves.
When the unit with this spell (An Ogre) come and use this spell. Then the trigger " detect 0 unit in region" doesnt work anymore. I dont understand because the "Dummy" expire but still counted has a unit in region .....

I hope you can help me i start to be crazy xD

Level 20
The first problem was probably the computer player's internal scripts. You can easily fix it by changing the player owner of the created dummy unit by neutral player so the dummy unit can execute the order you've given properly. But in case to your dummy ability based on Immolation which damages the nearby enemy units when activated, the previous solution obviously would not fix the major problem. Therefore, the best solution is to code the whole ability itself or just use Permanent Immolation (PASSIVE) instead to the dummy unit and change the movement speed to 0.

By the way, the second problem can use some of debug. If you suspected that dummy units are the reason behind it. Put a model to the dummy unit through object editor so you can observe how it behaves. Also locusted units are undetectable in some functions.

Level 1
Thx for your response ! :)

I need the immolation doing damage only to players.if i put it passive the computer team will suffer from this immolation.

The second problem i have already tested because the dummy has a model so i can clearly seeing him disapear but it doesnt trigger the 0 food. Why the mouvement speed to 0 ? is that important ?

Level 39
Your dummy unit needs to be set to "can't raise, doesn't decay" in the unit editor and it will no longer count as being in the region once it dies. To properly get rid of dummy units you should either give them an expiration timer (like spirit wolves—its a unit action in the trigger editor) or manually remove them via Unit – Remove.

I'm not sure I entirely understand what kinds of units you are or are not trying to hit with immolation. However, both permanent and activated can be made to hit/ignore the same things, so I would recommend you use the passive version.

If you have strange targeting needs, you could use some of the 'unused' unit classifications like tauren or sapper and only allow your immolation to hit units with those classifications in the Unit Editor.

Level 20
I need the immolation doing damage only to players.if i put it passive the computer team will suffer from this immolation.

Not sure what you meant by this. The damage is configurable by the 'Targets Allowed' field. There's no major difference in permanent immolation from the active immolation when it comes to damaging.

The second problem i have already tested because the dummy has a model so i can clearly seeing him disapear but it doesnt trigger the 0 food. Why the mouvement speed to 0 ? is that important ?

It is not important but in case to your scenario it is very important since the dummy units can be manipulated by the computer players which ordering them to move or flee, this is why you should set its movement speed to 0. By the way, what 0 food trigger you've mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.