• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So here are the ones i found first

Text mistakes

Map 1
Meta says: go back to the foul whole that spawned you

Map 3
In the descripition of Kalistraza is written that she has holy light as skill althought she hasnt

Abilities

Whirl Wing: it says it deals 0 damage to buildings

Alchemie: The name has to be Alchemy ':shock:'

Daydream: has the description of flame breath

Items

The Owl feather has the description of the Lamp of Takman

Campaings bugs

A campaign button for map 5 is missed

When you save and load submap 3 you have more tha one Kazahm ':?:'

Ability bug

Mental domination isnt ended sometimes

When you use Alchemy(i know Alcheie':roll:'
) or the Tome of Nageal you inventory can disappear

Jetpack doesnt cost Mana

Level 1
I'm having major trouble with some bugs. In map 4, where you first get to use your new dragon ally, I am stuck. I am supposed to build a Dragon Roost, yet I only start out with 90 lumber, making it impossible to build a Dragon Roost, since a Dragon Roost costs over 200 lumber. And I can't collect lumber without any buildings.... I spent 2 hours doing everything I could on the map, and there was no lumber items to be found. I then cheated to give myself lumber, and guess what??? You can't return lumber to the Dragon Roost! And the Dragon Roost is the only building that the dragon workers can make! So it's literally impossible to collect lumber, making mission 4 impossible to complete.

I also had some more bugs.... I'm playing the game on hard, have the latest version of The Frozen Throne installed, and I am using whatever version you get from downloading the link at the top of this page.

-The grammar and spelling issues are really annoying. There's no excuse for sloppy grammar and spelling in a campaign like this.

-Sometimes when I use Khaaazzzhhaam's alchemy ability, he loses all his items. I lost all my items in mission 3 while I had a teleport crystal in my inventory, and I had accidentally saved after that. So I had to restart the entire mission, which was a huge pain in the ass, since these missions are long.

-In the goblin hole submap on mission 3, I saved and then loaded, only to find... TWO KHAAAZHAAAMS! They both had identical items, too. So... I made the best of the situation and got myself a copy of my ring of regeneration.

-Sometimes when Khaaaazzzhhhaam is in his jetpack, he will just die all of the sudden. WTF?

-In the end of mission 3 when you are selecting which dragon you want, there is an error. The fire dragon says he has the Holy Light ability, which he does NOT. I chose the fire dragon because I wanted the holy light ability, and it turns out that he doesn't even have it. And is it just me, or do all the abilities of the 5 dragons suck except for the stone dragon?

-I don't know if this is a glitch, but for some reason my dragon broodling hero can't seem to Dragon Devour any unit that's over level 1. AND he doesn't digest units at 10 hitpoints per second, as the tooltip display says. Metamorphus digests like 5 times as fast as the dragon broodling.

-Not really a glitch, but in map 3, it took me FOREVER to figure out what to do with the teleport crystals. You really need to make it more obvious as to what you're supposed to do with them.

And how do I know what version I have? I just downloaded the file at the top of this page. Is the one I downloaded a buggy version?

Am I the only one that uses this tactic?
I always use Khaaazhaaam's goblin land mines near where a group of enemies gather. I then attack the enemies, run away until they stop chasing me, and when the enemies return to their "camp", they run over the mine. I keep doing this over and over until I kill the enemies. This tactic is really the only way I was able to get past some parts of mission 3.. but then again, I am playing on hard. But damn, don't reduce the difficulty on hard, because I like it to be this challenging! The bonus orc campaign for the Frozen Throne, even on Hard, was so easy that it took all the fun out of it....

Anyways, this campaign would be so incredibly sweet if it weren't for the bugs and grammar/spelling errors.

Level 5
First off: Re Phoenix Edge.. Mission 4 is possible. How did you get that dragon worker?? Tell me! Yes indeed you lay an egg with your dragon.. Maybe Meta can do the same with his egg :wink:

Buglist for pet arachnid
1. missing passive button for the pet Arachnid. his first button.. I belive it is called poisonclaw or something.. a passive ability.
2. His raise arachnid ability. He tells u in the cinematic he can only raise 3 arachnids. Indeed he can.. but in text it says 5 and it says a wrong unit.
3. When the little critter is polymorphed (can happen near teleporter fight) he burrows and you can't unborrow him no more so all your items are lost..
4. This pet creature helps you in level 4.. though he cannot reach the cave entrance in lvl 3 as the passway is blocked. (minor issue I know but he can't get through those fallen blocks to help you through the last part of lvl 3 so how the hell did he suddenly get through anyway!?)

Hmm I though he had another bug.. forgot and will update this post if I find it. :shock: 4 bugs on 1 creature!!!! :?

Level 5
1. I also ran into the Jet Pack death bug in level 2 when it expired over a rock.
2. When you revive Khazam (or whatever his name is) after said jet pack death, his inventory disappears.
3. The gray arrows need to be over the upper right circle when you get the first teleportation orb.
4. Explanations are needed regarding the use of teleportation orbs.
5. The Alchemy inventory destroying issue.
6. Various grammer issues. (If you want, I can run a grammer check on the text.)

Level 4
Well, just tried loading my savegame, but it won't work. Now I'll have to make mission 4 and half of mission 5 again. That sucks, but I'm not sure, if it's the campaigns failure: Yesterday my PC looked like its about to crash while saving my progress, but nevertheless it saved. Any other encountering this problem?

Level 5
Here is a huge bug that let me finish map 10 in 2 mins.

Once you get the Na'gael's tome just use all the spells on each page. Close the book then reopen it, this allows you to cast each spell non-stop.

In map 10 all i did was send an owl with the book spell and then ported to the boss with the tele spell(that part was not a bug so you can just skip the whole lvl if you wanted) Then i just used my 3 heros and healed myself when ever i needed it. On a replay of the map i was able to kill ever thing with just a zombie army.

Level 2
Ok here is one more:
After I played through map 8 where I didn't use the scorpian king any time ( he was burried since the beginning ) he was vanished in map 9.

Level 10
in map 5, my goblin(name???) weren't there and i couldn't get past the rocks 2 the labyrint cos they were invincible, and where the hell is the brother of the tauren from map 4.

and in map 1 the goblin left without his bro, c that's not very nice, and the tele orbs, that's ez 2 fig out, i did it in first try, and there were even sum arrows pointing where 2 put 'em.

Level 2
The brother of the Tauren in map 4 is just below the cave entrance from where you start....

In map 5, Kazaahm needs a map which you can find in the lower right part of the map. When Kazaahm has the map, you go back to the rocks and he's supposed to go inside the labyrinth. A fast way to get thru the labyrint is to right click on the upper right part of the minimap (towards the upper right corner of the minimap indicator).

Level 2
In map 8 i think theres a quest where you shall go and find that holy sword thing. Well when i enter that little supmap where you will find the sword all the bridges are placed, the gates open and the sword is gone :cry:

Level 8
Bugs I found:

1: when the scorpion king burrowes he loses all the items he was holding.

2:Leaving the spell book from map 6, then going to the next level and finding it still open then when you close it you lose all your items

3: While you are using whirl whing and you try to get metamorpheous to move the game shuts down and a message comes up and says can not process object data something. kiss ass campaign but was let down by glitches that made playing fustrating and very annoying. :cry: :cry:

Level 8
Bugs I found:

1: when the scorpion king burrowes he loses all the items he was holding.

2:Leaving the spell book from map 6 open, then going to the next level and finding it still open then when you close it you lose all your items.

3: While you are using whirl whing and you try to get metamorpheous to move the game shuts down and a message comes up and says can not process object data something. kiss ass campaign but was let down by glitches that made playing fustrating and very annoying. :cry: :cry:

Level 1
On map 2, i switched to the submap and when i returned Methamorphus was lost and couldn't win the map.
Loading a saved game where Metamorphus was still there, and switching to the submap, the submap was already played. So the ring of protection +4 was lost.

Level 7
the game just crash when i click on the egg in map 3.
i save before it crash and load it, it did not crash in the save.Then i finsh map 3 but i can not go on to map 4

Status
Not open for further replies.