• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buff problem O.o!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi! I want to ask why my trigger doesn't work - the first trigg (the 'Instincts' trigg) is just perfect, but the second trigger isn't working... triggs below:
  • Instincts
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Instincts [Bear]
    • Actions
      • Set DaBearInstincts = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dm b l1 for (Owner of DaBearInstincts) at (Position of DaBearInstincts) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set DaDummyInstincts = (Last created unit)
      • Set LevOfInstincts = (Level of Instincts [Bear] for DaBearInstincts)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to DaDummyInstincts
      • Unit - Add Inner Fire lvl1 to DaDummyInstincts
      • Unit - Set level of Inner Fire lvl1 for DaDummyInstincts to (Level of Instincts [Bear] for DaBearInstincts)
      • Unit - Order DaDummyInstincts to Human Priest - Inner Fire DaBearInstincts
      • Unit - Set DaBearInstincts movement speed to ((Current movement speed of DaBearInstincts) + (14.58 x (Real(LevOfInstincts))))
      • Trigger - Turn on Instincts loop <gen>
  • Instincts loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (DaBearInstincts has buff Instincts ) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set DaBearInstincts movement speed to ((Current movement speed of DaBearInstincts) - (14.58 x (Real(LevOfInstincts))))
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
the problem is with the movement speed - it lasts only for a second and then it turns to normal... i make sure that my unit haves the Instinct buff... i will post my map below so you can see!

Last edited:
Level 26
Ye 1st trigger is perfect.. And I'm Obama :D
Get rid of the leaks, useless variable:
  • Instincts
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Instincts [Bear]
    • Actions
      • Set tempp = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set DaBearInstincts = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dm b l1 for (Owner of DaBearInstincts) at tempp facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_tempp)
      • Set LevOfInstincts = (Level of Instincts [Bear] for DaBearInstincts)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Inner Fire lvl1 to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Inner Fire lvl1 for (Last created unit) to (Level of Instincts [Bear] for DaBearInstincts)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire DaBearInstincts
      • Unit - Set DaBearInstincts movement speed to ((Current movement speed of DaBearInstincts) + (14.58 x (Real(LevOfInstincts))))
      • Trigger - Turn on Instincts loop <gen>
Your spell isnt MUI. Make sure the correct buff is applied.
I recommend adding just ability that changes ms by %, its easier. Use my system for timing it (see signature).

Level 14
But Spinnaker, my spell is used only by one unit. Why it needs to be MUI? And yes - the correct buff is applied and what means 'I recommend adding just ability that changes ms by %, its easier.' ? Thanks! :) (what is MS? can you show me an example?)

Level 29
3 seconds? What are you talking about. Buffs are not fully instant, but nearly. Auras are "slow", not normal buffs. These commands just dont work properly. Many people have tried it so many times.

read it carefully dude, I did not say buff is fully instant but the loop, I also said "gives buff is slow" meaning they are not instant, I recommend a 3 second wait before the "on trigger" coz most of non-MUI spells are made with waits...

anyway the triggering is really bad, 14.58 x ??? is too low, try to put something like 50 x ???...

movement speed adjustments using triggers is not so bad when triggered real good, deductions are really bad but using hashtables and structs is poerfect...

Status
Not open for further replies.