• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSpiritHawk

Just another icon :D

Beware of SpiritHawk Claws !!!
----------
UPDATED .. but I'm not contented :|

Keywords:
Eagle, Hawk, Spirit, Druid, Summon, Bird, Ave, Avian, Claw, Talon, Nature, Fly, Soar, Glide, Air, Height, Hunt, Raptor.
Contents

BTNSpiritHawk (Icon)

Reviews
22:46, 21st Mar 2015 Sin'dorei300: Like Apheraz pointed out, the shading is insufficient. Make the effect smoother and a bit thicker(in size). 08:28, 26th Mar 2015 Sin'dorei300: No changes made. Awaiting update. 18:20, 20th May 2015...

M

22:46, 21st Mar 2015
Sin'dorei300: Like Apheraz pointed out, the shading is insufficient.
Make the effect smoother and a bit thicker(in size).

08:28, 26th Mar 2015
Sin'dorei300: No changes made.
Awaiting update.

18:20, 20th May 2015
Sin'dorei300: Looks better. Approved.

Level 30
I love the idea, and the execution is good, but. The glow is too consistent and thick, if you're going for a sharp contrast color like that on a single-colored object, you'd want to make it transparent and closer to the color circle of object that is glowing. Other than that, there's a big lack of shading in here, causing the effect of Hawk looking plastic with all those highlights and nothing to counter them (bright pink color doesn't help at all in here - it's incredibly hard to apply a light source on bright colors without a ton of shadows, and not make it look plastic). In the end, as Chaosy mentioned, a purplish color instead of pink would make the icon less dramatic, and a little less monotone for the eye. It's neat, but I'd love to see more work overall :)