• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNRoyalFootman

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Decided to make an icon for my footman model. This is my first try at drawing something from scratch and it took me few hours to finish it. Icon is drawn in gimp...

--Update--
Tried to make it look less blurry...

Keywords:
Footman, Lordaeron, wow, helmet, plate, knight
Contents

BTNRoyalFootman (Icon)

Reviews
09:53, 6th Mar 2015 enjoy: Even though this icon is a corresponding resource, I would like you to make the following changes: It's needs definition and contrast. Looks plain and flat, and needs better shading. 17:41, 1st Apr 2015 Sin'dorei300...

M

09:53, 6th Mar 2015
enjoy: Even though this icon is a corresponding resource, I would like you to make the following changes:
It's needs definition and contrast. Looks plain and flat, and needs better shading.

17:41, 1st Apr 2015
Sin'dorei300: Still needs better definition and better shading.

00:23, 10th Apr 2015
Sin'dorei300: No changes made. Awaiting update.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

It looks so blurred, doesn't it ?

But matches the resource, although you could add neutral colour instead of the red, as not every player is red, as you also can see on the model preview.

Level 8
Yup, its really blurry... It's my first attempt at doing some drawing and painting on pc, and like an ultra noob i did painting of footman for the icon with mostly smudge tool xD I just watched a photoshop painting tutorial on youtube so i now know how it's supposed to be done properly so i'm gonna try and do it again tomorrow..
I forgot, here is the original picture in case someone wants to see it

214750-albums8024-picture95456.jpg

Level 8
You said scratch? It's a paint over as I can see. Define the icon more.

I took my avatar footman portrait and looked at it for reference while laying out basic full colors and painting, i don't think that is considered a paint over...By the way is painting over allowed? it would be so much easier if i could paint full colors directly over my avatar pic (because it would have structure more similar to original) and then paint...

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Screenshot icons are allowed only in 1-1 ratio - one screenshot icon for each corresponding resource - and under the condition that you are the author of the corresponding model/skin/spell/item.
If you miss to link your model as a corresponding resource when uploading your Screenshot Icon, it will be rejected.
Note that corresponding models may be units as well as buildings and items

This. Screenshot icon is allowed for one model.

It looks good, but needs stronger shading to fit the Warcraft 3 icon style. Your first icon still blows any of mine away. I'll wait for you to update it again before I rate it.

While I'm at fitting resources, I'd like to point you out on this re-vamp I've recently done, that can serve your icon really good as well. Give love to screenies! :grin:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2661583-post7.html

That really makes a difference!

Level 30