1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BTNPuppet

Submitted by Alfagar
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
A leather Puppet, Idea born from a random soft brush there and here in Photoshop: I drew anything (what my hand told to), then burned it with tools... then added an eye... then some texture and we have a puppet :D

Give Credits If You Use It

Keywords:
Puppet
Contents

BTNPuppet (Icon)

Reviews
03:15, 28th Dec 2009 Pyramidhe@d: More shading and a proper texture so that i can tell it is made of cloth. enjoy: Still has no texture. 5th Jan 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Looks like bunch of overlapping scribbles. Put an identifiable sewing pattern...
  1. 03:15, 28th Dec 2009
    Pyramidhe@d: More shading and a proper texture so that i can tell it is made of cloth.

enjoy: Still has no texture.

5th Jan 2010
    Pyramidhe@d: Looks like bunch of overlapping scribbles. Put an identifiable sewing pattern to it or at least some sewing marks.

8th Jan 2010
    Pyramidhe@d: No changes made.

2. Alfagar

Alfagar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    {[<EDIT THE THIRD TIME>]}
    Here's a full pic (click it):
    Puppet2.jpg
    It's a bit darker than in the icon, because when I've put on the DISBTN on it, you could barely see the puppet, so I've made it more bright.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  3. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh god, my eyes!!!!! This... thing needs like a lot of shading...

4. aaron

aaron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    how dare you submit this... please look at the other icons and think of how this will get approved... and how useless it is.

5. Alfagar

Alfagar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It has shading, take a closer look, well, it's weak

Godamn, my first icon! And you aren't the only user in hive, this might be useful for sumeone other, like, lol, there is a model puppetmaster, so this icon could be used for his spells!!
    Dont rate resourses so negligence

6. noob134

noob134

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    this thing needs way more shading and highlights to be approved and please make the patch more defined.

7. Golden-Drake

Golden-Drake

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The eye is great..
    Every thing else --- Crap
    Rework it please

8. Tortured Souls

Tortured Souls

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG THIS IS SOO bad

9. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Omg.This icon is bljak...

10. Licheus

Licheus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please show some respect. Yes, the icon might not be at approvable standard at this point, but I personally think that we should support a member trying to make his first icon, maybe giving him some constructive critique instead of telling him how unbelievable bad and stupid you think this icon is.

I for one like the concept, and I think having a sock puppet as an icon really could be useful as well as funny if you know how to use it. I agree with you when you say that the icon needs way more shading, and the colours are one-sided indeed (maybe that could be solved by doing some kind of pattern on it, like giving it stripes or a picture of a teddy bear etc.).

Another thing that I noticed is that some of the frames are wrong. I think there is an icon layer for photoshop somewhere on The Hive, but I haven't made any real icons myself and I'm not quite sure. Maybe you could talk to somebody that knows more about how to put in the right icon frames than I do.

Please point such things out, maybe give him some advice, but please don't just bitch around, it won't help anybody to improve his technique.

Sock puppets really are one of my favourite toys and I became very happy when I saw this icon here on The Hive. If the community could help the creator to improve his work and maybe make it become approvable, we'd have much more to work with. =)

11. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Make more shadings so it looks rounded.

12. Narandza

Narandza

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Omg it really is BLjAK!

13. aki15

aki15

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Icon is "govno" :D Badd...

14. MultiGod

MultiGod

Resources:
    Resources:
    This icon is way too 2D.

It lacks A LOT of shadings and highlights.

Try importing this icon in a map. Does it fit? I guess it won't.

But I really like the eye. The eye is outstanding. GJ in making the eye(but bad job in doing the body).

EDIT: More details sonny.
    I barely can see the curves in the mouth. Shade it.
    I can see the roundness in the fullpic a bit clearly, but when it's resized, the roundness became too blurry to even see.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  15. Licheus

Licheus

Resources:
    Resources:
    *Sigh*

Well, I for one hope that you'll try to improve it and, unlike these people, putting focus on how you could do that rather than concentrating too much on it's current status.

I'd be sad if we lost our only sock puppet icon. ^_^

Edit:

That's a bit more what I'm talking about, give our sock puppet some constructive critique. =)

16. RaijinSpark

RaijinSpark

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    OMG, ban yourself :p joke

17. KelThuzad

KelThuzad

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Eh.. what? I don't... get it.. Is it a joke or is it real?

18. RaijinSpark

RaijinSpark

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Real Joke

19. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs: