• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNOrbofStorms

An orb that could be used as an ability involving frost channeling through an orb and so on.
I'm open to suggestions.

Keywords:
orb, blue, storm, teal, hand
Contents

BTNOrbofStorms (Icon)

Reviews
15:28, 22nd Jun 2014 Sin'dorei300: The hand/scratches doesn't look good, i'd suggest to remove it. I see u want to make a storm orb, maybe add some lightnings. Also, don't hesitate to add shading/highlights. 12:03, 3rd Jul 2014 Sin'dorei300: Might be...
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

15:28, 22nd Jun 2014
Sin'dorei300: The hand/scratches doesn't look good, i'd suggest to remove it.
I see u want to make a storm orb, maybe add some lightnings.
Also, don't hesitate to add shading/highlights.

12:03, 3rd Jul 2014
Sin'dorei300: Might be useful.

~Reserved~
v.1.0 Icon uploaded to Hive.
v.1.1 Made the icon more clear and added better shading and lighting.
v.1.2 Added some effects around the orb.
v.1.3 Reworked the cracks into a hand. I sharpened the icon more.
v.1.4 Remade the fingers a bit.
v.1.5 Remade the hand and fingers completely. Tho I have the sense that it got too thick now.
v.1.6 Remade the thumb on the left and made the hand a bit wrinkled.
v.2.0 Removed the hand, added lightning effects and made stronger shading and highlights.
v.2.1 Darkened the background a bit.

Last edited:
Level 10
It kinda looks like a helmet of a space warrior.
If you really want to make it look more like an orb, I also suggest what sigelang said.

Look's good and neat...

Suggestion .. Adding lightning effects or glow is very effective :D
Thank you. Yes I will try that x)
It kinda looks like a helmet of a space warrior.
That's because I need to redefine the cracks color scheme. I'd rather put a hand there:p

Thanks for commenting guys.
Edit: Just in case Paliouras drops by, I have put a plate of yummy delicious cookies:p
216209-albums7233-picture85321.jpg

Last edited:
Also, I hope Heinboy will return to make for skins/icons. And if it's an Orb of Storm, maybe put more lightning in it and maybe clouds :)
umm, highly unlikely. Thanks for the suggestions though. I might make a hand out of those cracks if inspiration hits me.
you can always improve
Indeed.

Last edited:
umm, highly unlikely. Thanks for the suggestions though. I might make a hand out of those cracks if inspiration hits me.

Uhm yeah. Right now it's kinda hard to tell whether they are cracks or fingers.
Redoing them into more finger like could be a good idea. A hand holding an orb seems more logic, in a sense, than cracks in the orb.

Level 22
I agree with my liege, it is indeed awesome, yet I must also express an opinion: The balls are too big, the lightning too soft and the length too uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.