• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNGuardianWispSpirits

Just made another wisp ability. This time I'm making my own Io, the Guardian Wisp of DOTA ability set.

This is the third ability: "Spirits"
I am not sure if this is cool enough. But oh well.

Keywords:
Guardian, wisp, io, spirits, blue, magic, energy, light, orb
Contents

BTNGuardianWispSpirits (Icon)

Reviews
16:59, 31st Mar 2015 Sin'dorei300: The perspective of the first version is better than the current one's, but the effects of the current one are better than the old one's. Try to make a combination between the two. 07:18, 13th Apr 2015 Apheraz...

M

16:59, 31st Mar 2015
Sin'dorei300: The perspective of the first version is better than the current one's, but the effects of the current one are better than the old one's. Try to make a combination between the two.

07:18, 13th Apr 2015
Apheraz Lucent: Not doing this often but I'll moderate over Sin's mod just to clear out the icon section. I've pretty much said everything I wanted in the posts bellow, and this is a great artwork of many uses. Fantastical.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Tell me if am wrong, but the old version has problems with perspective, hasn't it ? A straight 'glow' in the middle and curving wisps look strange, in my opinion.

The new version looks great !

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Both look nice. Are you going to make Pull In and Push Out next?
I've actually made the spell last year, so I'll probably add your icons to descriptions when I update it.
I will. After I finished my school works.

Lovely effects. Great work man.
Thanks!

Orgasmic.
That's kinda... lol

Tried to combine them? :)
Well the problem is I saved the old one to 64 x 64 so It means I'll have a hardtime with combining. But we'll see.

new one is better, easy to catch the idea of icon while running look on it, old one is 3D and take some time 1-2 second to understand wut is that
Thanks. It depends on the people who sees it though.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Nice sparkles.

In my opinion it makes it look less like a wisp, doesn't it ?
But it looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
Wow I was looking for something like, it look cool and pleasant to my eye. I will use this along with some spells.

Level 11
The old one looks to me is for the OG wisp and the new one is best for other variant of wisp. So maybe post both icons, is the people to decide which one they want 👍.