• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNFootmanHero

This icon is made for Footman Hero model made by Stefan.K.

Process is same like my icons so far, pixeling ontop a color reduced screenshot.. However this time I had to use sharpen tool in the end since the original pixeled version was appearing too blurry ingame.

Process image:
ua1lUrh.gif

While early few steps show progress slowly I kinda got carried away later on and ended up not saving all that many process steps.. Seems to happen to me a lot. And another annoying thing is that even when I do remember that I should go few steps back (by undo) to save more steps, it turns out my work page is so big now that I can only do up to like 2 undo's (Idk why the page size effects the amount of undo's I can do in Paint)

Enlarged 192x192 version:
zAsW75D.png

Update:

Zoomed it out a little.
(new)
SIe3LLk.png
vs
klwta2d.png
(old)

192x192 enlarged new version:
rqoVLuY.png
Contents

BTNFootmanHero (Icon)

BTNHeroFootmanHero (Icon)

Reviews
Level 22
Awesome job! I think it would look much better if you zoom out a little more.

Honestly, I expected you to make an icon of that model of mine. :D

I was using my ChaosGeneral icon as "reference" trying to make them kinda matching icons for opposing factions. Which is possibly why it turned out so zoomed in..
137642-3f56a93baeda94c948ade4d3a3cb715b_tn2.jpg
136508-f0a44804c57391bbcf1bec74efc78f64_tn2.jpg

Is this any better?
(new)
dujg79O.png
klwta2d.png
(original)

Btw funny that you point out my icon is too zoomed in, when I go around suggesting people to zoom in their icons. There's something about me and zooming in I guess!

Level 50
I was using my ChaosGeneral icon as "reference" trying to make them kinda matching icons for opposing factions. Which is possibly why it turned out so zoomed in..
137642-3f56a93baeda94c948ade4d3a3cb715b_tn2.jpg
136508-f0a44804c57391bbcf1bec74efc78f64_tn2.jpg

Is this any better?
(new)
dujg79O.png
klwta2d.png
(original)

Btw funny that you point out my icon is too zoomed in, when I go around suggesting people to zoom in their icons. There's something about me and zooming in I guess!
I think it's better. May I use it for my avatar? :D

Level 22
I think it's better. May I use it for my avatar? :D

Updated.
Thanks for the feedback, and you can definitely use it as avatar. I'm actually glad to see you using it as an avatar!

Btw I post the enlarged 192x192 size versions just incase someone might want to use the icon as avatar.. writing this message I went ahead and did a small test on this.. nevermind XD