• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNFaerieDragonV2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
JB_McKnight Presents:
PYRO DRAGON

Something I made for a request :p

This is an icon for a reskin of the Faerie Dragon

PyroDragon Description: As darkness gathers once again to harm the World Tree, the NightElves call upon the spirits of the powerful PyroDragons, one of the Earth's guardians governing around the Earth's Core balancing the Forces of Fire. These dragons are capable of manipulating fire even those that it hasn't produced, making them a very valuable unit in both defense and offense.

Keywords:
Faerie Pyro Dragon Fire Butterfly Night Elves
Contents

BTNFaerieDragonV2 (Icon)

Reviews
01:31, 3rd Jun 2013 enjoy: It's too cartoonish. It looks like a snake, but that might be on purpose. Instead of using a black to outline the details, try defining them with shading instead. It will make it look more realistic. Also the dragon is...

M

01:31, 3rd Jun 2013
enjoy: It's too cartoonish. It looks like a snake, but that might be on purpose. Instead of using a black to outline the details, try defining them with shading instead. It will make it look more realistic. Also the dragon is really dark. The fire would reflect on the dragons scales, so I think it's too dark.

09:40, 21st Jun 2013
enjoy: The icon is way too dark now. But I saw you said you would remake it,
so I will set the status to 'awaiting update'. And Peekay doesn't want you to just take his icon and upload that, he wants you to look at his image and try to draw something like that on your own, and study the image so you can see what technique and lighting and so on, that he uses. :) No shame in that!

Level 16
Icons have now been successfully updated! :)

EDIT: Oh so NOW I see what you mean about the teeth being undefined and stiff. Sorry for that. The Panda thought that the Pyro Dragon was in a screaming I'll-blow-you-away-with-my-fire kind of stance. Anyway the white portion over below it's face is the beginning of the Faerie Dragon's Jaw and then it continues towards the belly(which is not included in the image).

Last edited:
Level 49
Dude no, I don't want to use anyone else's resource as my one, it would be an insult to you. I'll try redoing my icon. :)

well, one of the mostly effective methods, that can emprove your skills - is a drawing from life and copy good images. Actually both are used by most of glorious artists and help them do not drop thier skill.

Level 11
well, one of the mostly effective methods, that can emprove your skills - is a drawing from life and copy good images. Actually both are used by most of glorious artists and help them do not drop thier skill.

This makes since as opposed to trying to learn to draw by making something off the top of your head... You're actually seeing something and drawing it based on your perspective as opposed to what you "think" you would perceive.

Good advice here coming from a brilliant artist. I'll take any advice you give though cause your icons are GODLY.