• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNCruelCloisterTier1

Reactions: Legeon
An icon I made because I wanted to use Gottfrei's Cruel Cloister as a buildable structure, and to do that, I needed an icon. I can't connect it to the model because the model isn't mine, of course, so here's the model:

I have terrible art skills, and that is the only excuse I can give for this being a screenshot icon. Unless I'm given a drawing tablet and a week's worth of effort with nothing else distracting me, and I'm either on summer or winter break, there's no way I can make something freehand without it looking like crap. That being a given, I at least used what artistic sense I had that I picked up from a good friend of mine - she greatly amazed me in a digital graphics class last year - and with that artistic sense, I took screenshots at specific timings and put them together in such a way as to draw out certain details that otherwise would have gone unnoticed. (I hope the red ribbon effect on the model is easy enough to see on the button.) I used Photoshop CS4 and Button Manager v1.8. One thing I don't like about the icons is the fact that Tier 1 and 2 look so similar.

Anyways, I didn't remember to get a screenshot when I contacted Gottfrei. I e-mailed... him/her...? through Hive Workshop, and it was my first time using that. I thought it would show up in the PM's sent box or my e-mail's sent box or something, but no. :[ I do have a screenshot of his/her(?) reply though, which was from his/her(?) e-mail to my e-mail. I will put it up, but I will block out certain things. Hopefully, you can tell it's legit. If not, let me know and I will retake a screenshot of the e-mail. I just don't want either of our e-mail addresses to be revealed and possibly spammed.

This is in fact the first resource I've submitted to The Hive Workshop (I was hoping my first resource submitted would be something with significantly more pizazz...) and I am very open to comments and criticisms. I am very willing to make revisions when time allows. Being a college student taking more classes than I would prefer doesn't always leave me time to learn GUI/JASS and modeling, as well as learn FL Studio and Maya, but I am prepared to make fixes during my free time (usually when I pull all-nighters just to relax).

Anyways, here is the e-mail.
IconPermission.png

Also, if a mod/admin or something wants the proof with something unblocked, ask away, though I would probably PM the image url to said mod/admin and then take it off of my photobucket as soon as it were okay'd. I've always considered privacy as important.

If necessary, feel free to ask Gottfrei yourself, but to be honest, the reason why I e-mailed in the first place was because Gottfrei's last activity was back in early December.

Once again, comments and criticisms appreciated. I will make edits based on suggestions and criticisms. The icon naming method was based off of HappyTauren's Chaos Citadel's icons.

Keywords:
Cruel Cloister, Demon, Building, Structure
Contents

BTNCruelCloisterTier1 (Icon)

Reviews
21:51, 27th Jan 2010 enjoy: Looks nice, and you have everything in order. Nice to see someone who shows the permission without me asking. :)

M

21:51, 27th Jan 2010
enjoy: Looks nice, and you have everything in order. Nice to see someone who shows the permission without me asking. :)

Level 6
"The icon naming method was based off of HappyTauren's Chaos Citadel's icons."
Take a look at how HappyTauren did his:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btntier1-95484/
... and his works just like a charm.

Just set the icon for the tier 1 building to BTN, tier 2 building to ATC, and tier 3 building to PAS. Each one will use their respective DIS icon correctly when needed.

I hope this answers everything. :]