• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNAirshipRemake

I was inspired by the NE Airship model here at THW, so I decided to make an airship icon. :] Not supposed to fit with the airship model.

Not the best icon ever made, bit I thought I'd upload it anywas as it could be useful.

100% freehand, made with Corel Painter Essentials

**UPDATE**

Rather than improving the lacking bits of the icon, I remade the entire thing. ...Well, and then I pasted over the clouds from the old version, as I was really satisfied with them.
Now you see the entire ship, and it has received more detail and shading/highlights.
(Notice the winged fish on the sail :D)

UPDATE 2: Higher contrast on clouds and sail.

Keywords:
Fying Boat, Airship, Flying Ship, Ship, Boat, flying
Contents

BTNAirshipRemake (Icon)

Reviews
09:55, 24th Jun 2009 zombie2279: Too cartoonish, which is not bad when well detailed. The clouds are somewhat good, but the airship itself really needs to recieve more details and some better shading aswell. If you don't have time, update it when...

M

09:55, 24th Jun 2009
zombie2279: Too cartoonish, which is not bad when well detailed. The clouds are somewhat good, but the airship itself really needs to recieve more details and some better shading aswell.

If you don't have time, update it when you're back from Riga.

8:52, 15th Jul 2009
zombie2279: Improvements made, resource approved.

Level 11
When looking on it like an icon not a wip, it looks like a ship with some white bags on the left corner of it. (Of ship, not picture) Maybe you could make clouds look more realistic and put some over the ship in the left bottom corner?

When looking on it like an icon not a wip, it looks like a ship with some white bags on the left corner of it. (Of ship, not picture) Maybe you could make clouds look more realistic and put some over the ship in the left bottom corner?
This would take away the cartoonish feeling it has. I don't think there's much to be changed on it, maybe give the clouds a better shape, if people think it doens't look good now.