• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BS Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi people,
This month i've started a litle project, i'm not certainly if i release him or not, but anyways to complete it i need the icons that Black_Stan made ( the hero icons), i managed to found all his models by searching and searching but i didn't found any of his icons... so if someone have a good soul and mind could send me please my e-mail is --->[email protected]<----(i wrote with the arrows because some bots usually spam if u put your direct e-mail)
I would be very very very greatfull if any good person send to me
Thanks for your atention people

Level 32
I do have in my possession most, if not all, of them. However, I hesitate to give them away without Black_Stan's permission.

The icons themselves are just screen shots of the models edited into Warcraft III .blp files. You could easily do the same thing to make the icons yourself, Arthas_Rulez. Just take a screen shot of the models using Warcraft III Viewer, use your image editing software to edit the files and then convert into .blps.

Level 3
Thanks...
I'll try, cuz like ragingspeedhorn said, some people (like me) isn't good at the simpliest edit.
EDIT: Man i tryed to do it myself but im horrible at icon making ( i think these is my 2nd experience of making icons) but i think i look's fine... ill see it ingame.
2nd EDIT: I did it worked and its not bad!! =))))

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey...
when i was doing them (the icons), i realized that i had one icon of BS, but when i compared mines icons with BS icon i've discovered that my icon is crap, BS did the icon with obly the face but i don't know how to do that i've already seen every tutorial and i didnt got it to work... so i beg you *got on knees and start praying* wolverabid please send me the icons...

Level 9
I do have in my possession most, if not all, of them. However, I hesitate to give them away without Black_Stan's permission.

You are the mighty Moderator Wolverabid, and yet you hesitate?

jk

Arthas, if you take a screenshot of their head/whatever part you want of the icon, post them on this site, I'll put the little icon box around it and edit it to niceness.

Level 32
Just zoom in on the face and do a screenshot?
That's the ticket Arthas_Rulez, you can do it!
  • Let's take The ORIGINAL icon BTNHeroMasamuneDate as an example.
    Here's what Black_Stan came up with:

BTNHeroMasamuneDate.JPG

• To create a similar icon, I started with the original model, Warcraft III Viewer and this file: BTNICON_TEMPLATE_STARTER

icons_3528_btn.jpg

• Here's the screenshot I took using the viewer:

wc3vsc.jpg

• The image was then cropped and edited:

cropedit.jpg

• The image resampled to 56x56 and pasted into the template:

BTNHeroMasamuneDate01.jpg

• The final result (attached below). The DISBTN border is added (use W3IR or Icon Layer for Photoshop). They are then converted into .blp files ready for import into the game.

• Your results don't have to be perfect (my zoom level and camera angle were slightly different).

• If you can build one decent icon for one model you can do do it a million times. After all, Black_Stan's models aren't the only ones on the net that include no icons.

Attachments

• BTNHeroMasamuneDate01.blp
    8.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DISBTNHeroMasamuneDate01.blp
    5.6 KB · Views: 42
Level 3
I did it! tell me what you think about them please if they are not good ill redo until they get good!! So what you guys say?(dont hesitate to say if they are bad, be honest)

Attachments

• BTNAyamel.tga
    10.2 KB · Views: 59
  • BTNHanzoul.tga
    11.8 KB · Views: 71
  • BTNKeiji.tga
    11.6 KB · Views: 62
  • BTNKotaro.tga
    9.1 KB · Views: 50
  • BTNMagoichi.tga
    9.9 KB · Views: 50
  • BTNNagamasa.tga
    11.7 KB · Views: 56
  • BTNRanmaru.tga
    11.4 KB · Views: 55
  • BTNOichi.tga
    11 KB · Views: 54
  • BTNNobunaga.tga
    12.4 KB · Views: 55
  • BTNMitsuhidei.tga
    10.2 KB · Views: 51
  • BTNRonin.tga
    11.7 KB · Views: 47
  • BTNRSamanosuke.tga
    12.5 KB · Views: 67
  • BTNRSandayu.tga
    12.3 KB · Views: 53
  • BTNRToshiie.tga
    9.6 KB · Views: 56
  • BTNYoshimoto.tga
    11.7 KB · Views: 51
  • BTNYukimura.tga
    13.3 KB · Views: 73
Level 32
One more step should undertaken as a "final tweak" for your finished work, Arthas_Rulez.

Check out the info in this tutorial: How to Make an Icon
3. Next create a layer on top of the last created layer. Then draw a black 1 pixel line on the outside of the icon on all sides (on the new layer).
The one pixel black line provides an "interior frame" that separates the artwork from the border proper. Getting the transparency correct may be difficult: however, even if you experience trouble with THAT you should at least include the line itself.

BTNNagamasa[1].jpgIncorrect: no black line is present.
BTNNagamasa[101].jpgCorrect: the icon includes the interior black line.

Status
Not open for further replies.