• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Broxigar the Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Right. Whatcha got in mind so far?
I got ideas, don't you worry. If i get people interested, we can move from here.
The question is rather,
should I make a campaign with Broxigar as the main character and build up some custom lore for the map?
- or -
should I create a map based on the official WoW lore? (war of the anchients)
edit: well fu, you were faster.
Broxigar as the main character for sure, that's the point. Creating a map based on the official WoW lore is also what I ment.
Or rather combine some aspects of both.
Edit: all in a day's work baby:p
exactly.
Custom lore for the win
not what I had in mind, but obviously this is needed to fill in blanks when we come across them. would not be cannon, but close to it :)

Level 16
well, Broxigar is not the only main character in war of the anchients. That's why I wrote like that.

Just don't make him like a human. People tend to make orcs just like human president, polite all the time and so on.
Hmmm, has anyone ever made a WOTA campaign? I'm kinda liking the idea your inspired me to look into.
However, I would not want to be making a Wota Campaign, i'd love to help out, and perhaps just make the Broxigar sections. and my idea for personality would be based on the WOTA book.

Level 10
You got my support, man. Always good to see some new campaigns.
Not enough campaigns for me. (I like simple campaigns better than very detailed ones, such as Locrito's campaigns)

Level 16
well, it's your map. *shrugs*

and, no. I don't think there's one.

LOL I was supporting your idea you provided, not sure why you shrugged about it.

You got my support, man. Always good to see some new campaigns.
Not enough campaigns for me. (I like simple campaigns better than very detailed ones, such as Locrito's campaigns)
Heck ya, me too. I'm often too it's too simple to do...

---------------------------------
EDIT:
Perhaps I can start by creating Brox as a war3 hero.
I oviously would start out by base design off Grom, what are some ideas for his Abilities? (Str or Agi?)

Broxigar
<The Red>

Ability 1: Single Target Attack Ability?
Ability 2: AOE or CC? like a ground stomp, or thunder clap..
Ability 3: Passive? maybe chance on hit will cause him to cleave? oo or a mild Bladestorm Ability?
Ultimate: The Red Axe (Basically an enrage, such as frenzy or possibly higher crit chance??)

Level 16
hey! I didn't mean to be rude you know.

"and my idea for personality would be based on the WOTA book."

I actually read this wrong, I read it like this or something

"and my idea for the map would be based on the WOTA book."

so I was like, well, who am I to change your mind?
Dude no worries, I get that The way I type can come across differently. I get that I might PO a few people based on how I type *shrug*

So how about helping with the hero idea (see above post)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
just threw something together.

icons_16074_btn.jpg

Broxigar - The Red

icons_12518_btn.jpg

Deep wounds - passive
Broxigars attacks got a slight chance to deal extra damage as well as knocking the target backwards slightly.

icons_12301_btn.jpg

Throw axe - target unit
Broxigar throws his weapon with his mighty strength, the weapon deals X damage to the unit hit. It also slow the target by X% however, if the unit is being knocked back he gets stunned instead.

icons_14730_btn.jpg

Enrage - no target activate
Broxigars next attack will deal % missing health * 3 damage to his opponent.

Level 16
just threw something together.

icons_16074_btn.jpg

Broxigar - The Red

icons_12518_btn.jpg

Deep wounds - passive
Broxigars attacks got a slight chance to deal extra damage as well as knocking the target backwards slightly.

icons_12301_btn.jpg

Throw axe - target unit
Broxigar throws his weapon with his mighty strength, the weapon deals X damage to the unit hit. It also slow the target by X% however, if the unit is being knocked back he gets stunned instead.

icons_14730_btn.jpg

Enrage - no target activate
Broxigars next attack will deal % missing health * 3 damage to his opponent.
OMG DUDE.. thats amazing!

we gotta add his axe though... maybe as a campaign item he acquires?

Level 10
icons_8859_btn.jpg
Desolation - Spins around in a circle damaging anyone who comes near Broxigar's path. (Bladestorm) When he has finished, he will return in certain rage, and will attack faster and move faster, but makes him more vulnerable (Berserk).
Credits: The D3ath
@Chaosy you should provide Credits.

icons_8859_btn.jpg
Desolation - Spins around in a circle damaging anyone who comes near Broxigar's path. (Bladestorm) When he has finished, he will return in certain rage, and will attack faster and move faster, but makes him more vulnerable (Berserk).
Credits: The D3ath
@Chaosy you should provide Credits.
That's pretty good wolf:)

Level 16
Broxigar - The Red Axe

Here is what I got So far (just for fun still)
111038-albums7382-picture84882.jpg

Broxigar <The Red>
  • 111038-albums7382-picture84890.jpg

Ability 1
    : Throw axe (target unit) - Broxigar throws his weapon with his mighty strength, the weapon deals (X) damage to the unit hit. If the unit is being knocked back, they gets stunned instead.

• 111038-albums7382-picture84888.jpg

Ability 2
    : Cleave (target unit) - A sweeping attack that strikes the target and an additional nearby targets & reduce the target's movement speed by (X)% for (X) sec.

• 111038-albums7382-picture84889.jpg

Ability 3
    : Deep Wounds (passive) - Broxigars attacks cause the target to bleed for (X) damage over (X) sec. This ability also has a chance to knock the target backwards slightly.

• BTNBerserk.png

Ultimate
    : Berserker Rage (no target activate) - Improves the fighting capabilities of Broxigar with a 500 bonus hit points, 20 bonus damage and spell immunity.

• 111038-albums7382-picture84887.jpg

ITEM
    : Axe of Cenarius:
    Artifact - Causes a bladestorm of destructive force around Broxigar, rendering him immune to magic and dealing 110 damage per second to nearby enemy land units.
    History - This magical wooden axe crafted by Malfurion Stormrage, under the direction of the demigod Cenarius. It was made specifically for Broxigar, and he described it as being like an extension of his own arm. Created using druidic magic, the axe was enchanted to have the sharpness and density of a diamond and would never break.​

Last edited:
Level 10
Freaking amazing! +rep

Not to be a bother, but I did not get any rep (I'm not asking for any)
Anyway, the spells look good; but I recommend a black + red-ish color scheme, as Broxigar looks savage.
Edit: So what will his enemies be? I don't read a lot of Blizzard's books, neither do I play WoW.

Level 16
Not to be a bother, but I did not get any rep (I'm not asking for any)
Anyway, the spells look good; but I recommend a black + red-ish color scheme, as Broxigar looks savage.
Edit: So what will his enemies be? I don't read a lot of Blizzard's books, neither do I play WoW.
I kinda like the Grom model I been thinking of with a bit of model editing, it would be pretty cool, his axe is only one sided, but if it was a doubled sided, it would be pretty close to it.

PS - you should go read the books!
Oh and as for the rep, I had already given you rep, and it wont let me give more. check your rep though, you recently got some from me.

Level 30
icons_10801_btn.jpg

Ability 1
: Throw axe (multiple targets) - Broxigar throws his weapon with his mighty strength, the weapon goes forward until it reaches a certain distance, dealing damage and returns back to the user's possession, dealing damage once again to the enemies in the path.

Additional Effect: x% chance to make enemies hit bleed.

I think it's would be better if you modify the Throw Axe spell a little bit like the axe goes forward and after reaching a certain distance reached, it would return back to the user hitting enemies again in the axe's way back. And making not target unit.

Level 16
icons_10801_btn.jpg

Ability 1
: Throw axe (multiple targets) - Broxigar throws his weapon with his mighty strength, the weapon goes forward until it reaches a certain distance, dealing damage and returns back to the user's possession, dealing damage once again to the enemies in the path.

Additional Effect: x% chance to make enemies hit bleed.

I think it's would be better if you modify the Throw Axe spell a little bit like the axe goes forward and after reaching a certain distance reached, it would return back to the user hitting enemies again in the axe's way back. And making not target unit.
Sweet idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.