• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Brood help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys.
A short time player and returnie from 1.2A(8) version here.

Me and friend have been playing gaias for a while but did hit solid wall at Brood. No matter what we do she dismantles us quickly and there's not much we can do about it except consult with higher power.

What we have are lvl 48 monk, crusader, assassin and sorcerer with pretty much top gear you can get from game up to, and including Alchemist (guy in mine) drop.

I see that there has been significant nerf to low player count gameplay in 1.2A(13), but is it possible of those characters mentioned above to make some team that could beat Brood? And if so, how to approach her, what to use etc. She seems overwhelmingly powerful, but she's only way to get up to 50 and unlock all talents and complete our characters.

Any advices and demonstration videos are welcome :)

Level 8
Your bottleneck in this situation is your lack of a healer (no druid or bishop). In general, endgame ORPG raiding gameplay requires a healer in the party to make progress (shaman merc helps but isn't enough in most cases). Your only chance to beat bm with that composition is to sack monk as a dps/tank and put him on full heal duty, and have sorcerer on full FIRE talents.
Make sure to put emphasis on moving out of poison cloud and destroying nets.
Then your main issue is the spawn spiderlings phase. The crusader has to grab all of them with crucify during the spawn, if this doesnt happen the battle is lost.
The first wave of spiderlings should be meteored (with guardian angel active). Second wave should be dealt with by assassin's sweeping blades. Third wave will be the real test. You need GA here again with Fire shield on the crusader and constant fireball spams.

BM without a berserker or healer and all sub-lvl50 is playing hard mode. What platform are you playing on?

Level 3
Full healing monk is such a bad idea. Instead, you should start playing again from a level 25 cleric and make a bishop. Level 25-40 for bishop can be done in an hour considering you guys are level 48 with decent gear. When playing bishop, bear in mind you can already get some good items via HG and alch boss. HG gives you spider bracers and hat of the archmage and alch gives you robes of the dead. Throughout all these, you will also farm mindbreaker. And if you are lucky, you can find bishop's book on the way farming those mobs (fingers crossed xD). With bishop, you can also farm crusader/bishop/assasin gear thru brood which will boost your party greatly.

Also a very bad idea to put fire talents on sorc, might as well go necro then. The beauty of sorc is that you dont really need gear from brood or garg, which means you probably have the best items already. Focus on lightning and focus on tearing down brood ASAP instead of waiting for a 3rd wave of spiders. With a full geared sorc and an assasin this should be done quite easily.

Some brood strategies: First wave- meteor, GA, crucify. Second wave- Incinerate, crucify, sweeping blades

I hope this helps. By the way what platform are you playing on?

Level 8
Ugh. Really annoying when people cry that strategies are "bad ideas" simply because they aren't skilled enough to implement them. Don't restrict others from doing things just because you can't do them.

In any case, if you actually read the OP at all you would realise,

but is it possible of those characters mentioned above to make some team that could beat Brood? And if so, how to approach her, what to use etc. S

My advice was geared towards his party composition. Have you even considered that they want to play those specific classes because they enjoy playing them? RPG isn't necessarily about playing the strongest classes, it is about playing what you want to play.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
A monk should have difficulty healing that encounter, but it's not impossible. Basicly, just play it like a cleric and do some auto-attacking whereever you can and hope for a lot of Body & Mind procs. And definitely have that Shaman merc to back you up.
At least you'll have a crapton more survivability than a bishop with stone skin to pop.

Your goal should be to beat the BM before the third wave of spiders (or at least to finish her during the third wave). Once Sorcerer and Assassin used up their AoE cooldowns, you're pretty much screwed. But you shouldn't have trouble dishing out enough DPS with a fully gear Sorc and Assa.
Just keep that Symbol of Fury on the Assa; don't use it on autocast as then it might get wasted on the Crus.

Level 3
imo a monk isnt needed in this party and a bishop will fill in the gap quite nicely. Why waste effort trying to heal with a monk when a bishop can do the job much better. Really hate it when people are so close-minded and do not think out of the box. What OP suggested is "is it possible?" and my answer isnt a yes or no but a different and better alternative. Why restrict yourself to one way of playing the game?

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
I suggest u to have cdr talent on sin. Then u use sweeping blades on first phase, meteor + GA on second and hopefully ur sweeping's cd will reset so 3rd phase won't be a prob. But as u said u are only two so best way is to play sin + bishie (tbh dunno if this is still possible after nerfs) cause I think monk + merc aren't able to overheal the dmg on sin.

Level 8
Blade you noob! Can't click circles now you can't even read ~_~.

They are a party of assassin, monk, crusader and sorcerer at around lvl48. They want to know if they can beat BM with that particular party composition. CD reset talent for Sin class is lvl50 now so thats out. Go edit.

Level 3
Tnx for advices everyone, but brood still stands strong.

So we decided to take alternative way to beating her and leveled bishop and berserker to ~45. For now we are keeping team of those two without help from other stronger characters and just to enjoy game and steady progress. Not most efficient, but most fun.

And this is were fun ended in a way. We tried to get our blue items that drop from regular mobs, legacy of sun lord and head of alpha wolf. I'm curious if anyone has numbers on how rare those things are? There's plenty of monsters that have chance to drop zerker head, but for bishop there's only 3 of those that don't give XP or any significant item past lvl40. Zerker has option of at least farming goblin flux while he's at it, but even so... We found 11 goblin fluxes over several attempts of getting head and book and we didn't even see any other blue item drop.
So... yeah, any of you know what are chances of those dropping? Personal experiences are fine, knowing code of game is even better :)

I wanted to post this earlier when I was farming quiver for my huntress, but got it just when I was about to post here. Is it only us that have such difficulties getting those or is it common thing?

As for platform, there's none. It's good old fashioned LAN. If my internet wasn't as bad I'd probably now be at some of those gaias groups, but when I tried hamachi we got disconnects at regular interval of 5-20 minutes :/

Level 8
Well for me bishop and berserker are fun to play (lots of skills to use) so I'm not so sure about the fun ending there. In the next patch the other classes will be much better so you can go back to what you like, just hang in there for now.

In my experience it is about 1% drop rate. Basically, farming rares without a doubledrop bard is an absolute pain and will most likely make you bored with the map. It's better to just kill the creeps you need on the way to boss kills, you'll get what you want eventually and it won't be nearly as mindbreaking.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I think there are two reasons for the low drop rates:

1. Foothills is only currently the endgame. With 1.2b this will change and perhaps then drop rates for that area will be increased.

2. Foothills is a transition area (when 1.2b is released) which means that getting its ALL of its complete best gear has limited meaning in the long term unless you are a completionist.

In conclusion: Foothills is not the endgame. When 1.2b is out, it will be just another levelling area like the forest of Ankhmaron and I believe it was designed with that in mind. Do we see people trying to get full D2 or D3 gear? Only the rare case. Most people move on to the next area as soon as they are strong enough for it.
-could be wrong though :)

Level 3
2% seems about right for those to drop any (non craft material) item. We've seen total 5 green items drops in all this time of hitting those guys. There was plenty of materials but items are extremely rare there. I have hard time imagining odds of blues being as generous as 1%. But perhaps we are just on unlucky side of coin.

From what I've seen there is 2% chance for goblin flux drop. If we found 11 of those and odds for blue items are just half less than that I'd sign contract for such odds right away, no questions asked.

Problem is, with all green items on foothills and lvl 45 talents we just can't take down hill giant to open our item options there (well I guess there's some chance of beating him, but earthquake crit and bishop is dead) so we are trying to get as much boost out chars before proceeding there.

And it's not like I'm scared of grind. It's just that so far gaias has been *follow the road and you will get there* kind of rpg and now it suddenly turned out into korean style farming. It's just that change that bummed me a bit. Dunno if those drop odds should get a bit upgraded for now, but certainly when new content is released. Those are currently best items in their respective slots so certain effort is fine to get them (especially given that those are non boss targets) but I don't think they should be as rare when new content comes around. Those items would always be overlooked cause lvl 50 area ahead greens will probably be on par with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.