• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Broken World (New Project)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I work on a Dota like map with a elemantel theme and search for project members because i am not a pro in making triggers ^^

Heroes, abilities and Tooltips are near finished
i only have to translate it in english (its a german ver at the moment)

I want to add that i am a dota hater and i create this map to bring dota down

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
DotA WILL NEVER DIE, NEVER BE EXCEDED, NEVER BECOME GOOD AS LONG AS. . . (speach ended here to not hurt people's feelings)

Well anyway NO MAP will bring dota down. You have to make maps which feature dota heroes and gameplay and slowly convert it into something different to push over DotA since many people blindly play it.

DotA players who do not act like the average DotA player (have a brain) please do not take this harshly but it is the truth.

Also to attract any attention to the map, 4/5 spells have to be trigger based (about the same as dota).

Level 12
Don't worry, my huge map project GEAR which consists of 12 College student members working on it will defeat DotA. Our bnet private server is already full of DotA freaks and we hate that! If you need any help regarding this aos map u r making, contact me, because we are one profile.

Level 6
4/5 trigger based = dota? hahaha i doubt dat c'mon leoric? lina? naix? clinx? i see very little triggers there.....it dosent matter if the spells are triggered/jass or not...they just have to fit correctly hahaha
Im working on a create ur own hero map that allows you to simulate some dota heros and create unique ones of your own and believe me if 4/5 of the spells were triggered it would be unbalanced....u still need basic useful spells such as mirror image and hardened skin and feedback(although all of the mentioned spells can be simulated using triggers/jass to enchance it a little bit, it is uneccesarry to go through all that work)

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
DotA will probably be the last map played on wc3. . .
It will never fall untill all it's folowers give up which since they are willing to only play it, will probably be never. . .

You can try and encourage people to play your map but you will never convert thoes who play dota as much as they can to your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.